• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JSCOMICS

28 posts in this topic

I've bought from these guys a number of times before. My experience with them is:

1) Grading - hit and miss but usually not too bad.

2) Shipping - slow to ship. They used to ship everything Media Mail (although they don't seem to now) and were slow to ship after payment was made.

3) Customer Service - they do communicate well and usually throw in a freebie or two.

4) Best Offers - they drop prices very little on their Best Offer items. They just don't move much from their Buy It Now prices (they don't currently have any Buy It Now items on eBay).

I use to buy a ton of stuff from them back in the 80's from their CBG ads. They used to sell mystery long boxes for like $79 & there was some really nice stuff in them. Their grading on lots wasn't extremely tight, but it could have improved since then, at the prices they were selling at it was worth it.

I quite buying from them when the didn't ship my last order. I called about it & they said they had never received payment & I wouldn't be able to order again. I told them that I had always ordered COD, at least on the previous 50+ orders I had placed with them. Talked to some flunky, talked to the owner, yep I had always order COD, strange that I didn't this time, nope it was my fault (shrug) . Decided I could still order after all. Errr, that's ok, I passed.

I've bought from these guys a number of times before. My experience with them is:

1) Grading - hit and miss but usually not too bad.

2) Shipping - slow to ship. They used to ship everything Media Mail (although they don't seem to now) and were slow to ship after payment was made.

3) Customer Service - they do communicate well and usually throw in a freebie or two.

4) Best Offers - they drop prices very little on their Best Offer items. They just don't move much from their Buy It Now prices (they don't currently have any Buy It Now items on eBay).

That must be old news on the shipping times. J & S Comics still have the media mail option for most small orders, and I use that option quite a bit, because they package so well that I never get any damage on my orders. You have to change the mode of shipping when you do the "pay for item now" business to switch it media or first class. They ship immediately, and I get my eBay auctions, even shipped media mail, within a week of payment. Bobcat is the only other semi-large eBay seller who I deal with that consistently ships immediately in solid packaging.

I won a single auction last week from J & S, but was required to ship the book priority, because of the value - about $150 guide. A book that I won for $26. I paid 1/26 and received the book yesterday on 1/31.

As much as I'd like to bad mouth J & S to keep you other azzs from bidding against me, I just can't do it. I really think they are top notch.

I bought a few books from them many years ago. Although their packaging skills and communication are excellent, 75% of the books that I have bought from them were overgraded (and some very grossly), 25% were accurately graded. I had to return them so many books that they banned me as a buyer (one of many sellers that consider me too picky) You can see by the scans they provide on some books that they are far from 9.4 range they advertise. Unless you can have a very good deal, don't bid high although they do accept returns though with no questions asked if there is a problem. Bottom line: very honest and friendly sellers, but they do overgrade.