• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SGT. FURY - Longest signed run?

5 posts in this topic

This must have been the longest day for poor old Richard Ayers when he had this lot dumped in front of him for signing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SGT-FURY-COMPLETE-RUN-s-1-167-63-81-Lee-Kirby_W0QQitemZ350161589937QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item350161589937&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1307

Incidently I couldn't give Mr Ayers the shortened vesrion of his name in this thread because it was replaced with spoon doh!

Here is a funny Spoon Ayers story, told to me by whatever SS witness handled a signing by him (maybe pirate, maybe thecollector hm)

I got my copy of TTA #59 autographed by Stan Lee for SS and figured I'd pick up Spoon Ayers as well. Stan signed first and put his standard scribble right between Giant Man's legs. When Spoon got the book, he looked down and told the witness, with disgust, that Stan had stolen his thunder because he thought it would have been hilarious to have "Spoon Ayers" written right between Giant man's legs. lol