• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just bought three Sotheby's auction catalogs, will I be happy?

28 posts in this topic

I was doing a background check on a lot and noticed that I only have the results from the following 1990s auctions (have all the catalogs):

Sotheby's:

1993, 1994, 1998, 2000

Christie's:

none (need to take a closer look)

If someone has other results that they are willing to share/exchange, I'd be glad to provide the data that I have.

I attended one of the Christie's auctions in 1994 and hand wrote in many of the results, but not all of them. If you have a list of lots that you are interested in PM me the numbers and I will check for you.

I have all the results for all the years except 1999 because Sotheby's never sent me the catalog even though I subscribed to the comics one. I only found out a few years ago that they even had an auction that year and luckily got one off eBay.

I never got results from any of the Christie's one.

PM me if you would like a copy (preferably electronically) of the results.

If anyone has the 1999 results, I wouldn't mind a copy (hard copy preferred but will take an electronic copy)

Greg

sheeoot, Greg. You have how many posts now??

almost as many as that Greggy character.

I have all the results for all the years except 1999 because Sotheby's never sent me the catalog even though I subscribed to the comics one. I only found out a few years ago that they even had an auction that year and luckily got one off eBay.

If anyone has the 1999 results, I wouldn't mind a copy (hard copy preferred but will take an electronic copy)

Greg

what, you come over to the big boy's playground and now, all of a sudden, you actually type words and sign it "Greg" :baiting:

Yes, but does he wear suit and tie when he posts like the rest of us do? :juggle:

Greg

what, you come over to the big boy's playground and now, all of a sudden, you actually type words and sign it "Greg" :baiting:
Kind of like when you dress up for your Church elders but wear Gator scrubs the rest of the year.

xoxo

greggy

Greg

Yes, but does he wear suit and tie when he posts like the rest of us do? :juggle:

Do you have the 1999 results? :wishluck:

Greg

Yes. I didn't get anything. :kidaround:

Greg

Yes. I didn't get anything. :kidaround:
:cry:

I was at one of those auctions - I think it was the 1992 - as a friend of mine lived in Manhattan at the time. It was pretty awesome, let me tell you.

IIRC 1992 is the tough catalog to find.

The 1992 catalog was produced in quantity but was distributed using the wrong list and so went mostly to folks who were not interested in comics.

So THAT'S why there was a comic catalog in Yves St. Laurent's estate. So much for the rumors that a lot of great books and OA were sitting in France.