• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need some Valiant advice.

15 posts in this topic

I have a chance to pick up a small run of Archer and Armstrong #2-#10 for a quarter apiece (along with some other stuff). Is this series a good read? There is a good chance there are some other Valiants in there. I never really bought very many of these back in the day, so any advice on the best of the bunch for reading would be appreciated.

For a quarter each, I don't think you can lose. The story would have to be VERY bad.

Brian

Good point. I'm trying to pick up a hundred or for my son. I'm trying to convince him that it's a better deal to pick up a hundred 10 to 20 year old books for a quarter each rather than spend the same amount on new books and only wind up with 8 or 9 books.

What's new isn't always better than what's old. At least that's what I tell my wife, or she tells me, or ... something like that!? Darn I hate getting old. 27_laughing.gif

Here's some valiant advice:

Always be courageous, and let the light of your mercy and strength of character shine.

Seriously.

I love archer and armstrong. It was always one of my favorite Valiant books. Definately pick them up. All of the early valiant is good reads imo.

Here's some valiant advice:

Always be courageous, and let the light of your mercy and strength of character shine.

Seriously.

I love archer and armstrong. It was always one of my favorite Valiant books. Definately pick them up. All of the early valiant is good reads imo.

I agree, at that price you can't go wrong. thumbsup2.gif

Archer and Armstrong was a GREAT read while Smith was working on it. After he left, the title's quality dropped like a rock. Well worth a quarter. Hell.....well worth a dollar a piece just for the entertainment value. Really good stuff.....

Jim

I'm late to the thread...

...blah blah, Barry Windsor-Smith...

...blah blah, good stuff while he's on the title...

...blah blah, 25cents sounds great to me...

grin.gif

P.S. Wouldn't shipping be more than the total of the books?

(Or can you grab them in person?)

By the way, I don't know what your personal parental guidelines are,

but Archer's father was a child-molester, murderer, and church leader...

all at the same time... just in case that's too much info for your kids...

or if they're a little too young to know it. (Archer & Armstrong #0)

Armstrong is a 5,000 year old immortal drunk. flowerred.gif

Careful with those Valiant reads. Once you graze through them and get into the stories you find yourself desperately trying to get all the other titles. Just look at what it did to Valiantman 893whatthe.gif Seriously, the A&A are fantastic reads as well as all the other early Valiant titles. Highly recommended.

Well I picked the books up at my local shop. Wound up with 121 at 20 cents each. Got some good reading stuff for over the holidays. I got the Archer and Armstrong 2 - 11, a Harbinger and Bloodshot run.

But my biggest score was a run of about 25 Cerebus the Aardvark from 48 on! I stopped buying these years ago at about #30. Now I can pick up reading from about where I left off. Should be fun. laugh.gif