• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WOW!!!! AF 15 CGC 9.2- WHAT PRICE WILL THIS BRING??!!!

94 posts in this topic

I heard the story about Steve Geppi having an unbroken BUNDLE of Hulk 1's , strap still intact.....but I don't think comics were distributed in cases back in the day....but I could be wrong.GOD BLESS...

Given the reports about Geppi's current financial problems, if he had a bunch of high grade Hulk #1s available to slab and sell, he'd probably have put them on the market already. Given that there doesn't appear to be a flood of high grade Hulk #1s, and given that he's had to sell off some of his beloved Disney books, I think we have to conclude that this myth is

busted

$190,000. Had it been a better looking copy without that date stamp I am sure it would of gone for more. After this auction result I am sure the 9.6 if ever sold in public again would have a decent shot at the magical million mark.

A bit surprised that it hit $190K with that large ungly date stamp. A smaller size regular date stamp certainly wouldn't bother me as much.

Did the $190K bid hit the reserve? Not sure about your magical $1M figure since no book has managed or even come anywhere near to that mark yet.

Anybody with GPA know what and when the last 9.2 sale of AF #15 went for?

Could the 9.6 hit 1M? The proof of the pudding would have to be in the eating, but all it would take are two deep pocket collectors or new-to-market investors to bid it up (a la Gretzky/McNall buying the Honus Wagner)

I heard the story about Steve Geppi having an unbroken BUNDLE of Hulk 1's , strap still intact.....but I don't think comics were distributed in cases back in the day....but I could be wrong.GOD BLESS...

Given the reports about Geppi's current financial problems, if he had a bunch of high grade Hulk #1s available to slab and sell, he'd probably have put them on the market already. Given that there doesn't appear to be a flood of high grade Hulk #1s, and given that he's had to sell off some of his beloved Disney books, I think we have to conclude that this myth is

busted

Actually the story was that they were sold off years ago.... (shrug) GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Yep. Now that I think about it, I think cases came in around the start of direct distribution, didn't they? So it would be a bundle of hulk 1 but possibly a case of hulk 181

It could also be a case of Marvel Milestone AF 15 reprints from the 90's. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo (a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I believe I saw the Geppi story on this forum....the individual(whom I forget) claimed to have been at a show where Geppi either brought or bought the bundle....and I, too, am sceptical about these type of stories.Back in '62 Marvel really was a backwater publisher....Dell and D.C. were king. The odds of someone deciding to save a bundle of Marvels is unlikely....but they could have been warehouse leftovers. Either way, time would have reduced most of them to 7.0 or less....people weren't so condition conscious as they are now....people wanted copies to read and enjoy. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo (a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

This auction proves hard assets still have a place in the market.

Comics that are THE BEST are great items in a diversified portfolio.

Now if we can only get someone to create a derivative instrument off of comics and OA - and than learn to securitize said instrument,...this hobby would be ready to rock & roll !!! :headbang:

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction-detail.php?issue_id=24549

that's KRAZY

Is this not insane?!?

Fantastic Four #40

NM+ 9.6 White

Highest Certified Copy!!!

Sold: $14,750.00

Auction Ended

to me it's :cloud9:

:applause: There's nothing quite like the feeling of selling a book at a price that shatters all previous records by a wide margin. :cloud9: