• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The FF's exception...?!

34 posts in this topic

It kills me to see a 9.8 book with that type of miscut (the FF #119). 893frustrated.gif

If the miscut was even, it wouldn't bother me so much, but when it's angled, ARGGHHHHHHHH.

I would rather have a 9.4 with the miscut (but hey that's me). cool.gif

The #125 is SWEET!!!!!

laugh.gif

I theoretically see how people might not like "miscut/miswrap", but it boggles me how anyone could look at a book like that #119 and think it is ugly.

It's not ugly, but people have high expectations of a CGC 9.8. Many have submitted perfectly centered, gem copies only to have them come back 9.6, so it seems a tad strange that with that level of hyper-anal, microscopic grading, blatant mis-cuts still qualify.

It's highly illogical when you really think about it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I theoretically see how people might not like "miscut/miswrap", but it boggles me how anyone could look at a book like that #119 and think it is ugly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's not ugly, but people have high expectations of a CGC 9.8. Many have submitted perfectly centered, gem copies only to have them come back 9.6, so it seems a tad strange that with that level of hyper-anal, microscopic grading, blatant mis-cuts still qualify.

It's highly illogical when you really think about it.

That's twice I agree with Joe in the same week. 893whatthe.gif

SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!!!

I wasn't implying that the miscut made the book ugly. BUT IT DOES; just like any other production / distribution flaws such as printer creases, distributor ink running onto the top of the cover, etc.

I had a CGC 9.6 Gaines file copy with a 4 inch printers crease right through the title. I literally hated to look at the book because that's all I noticed.

I am definitely getting more selective when buy high grade books and miscuts (especially slanted ones) usually are a No, No for me.