• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did It Really Sell For $35,000?!

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

From what I've heard on the original art yahoo group, someone has confirmed with the seller that it did in fact sell at that price to a collector in Nevada. But, who knows. I think that's a very hefty price for it, but someone obviously disagrees.

Somebody hit the BIN!

If I was rich I might have.

An FF 1 goes for $35,000 in what grade?

9.2?

How many 9.2s up are there?

Only one of these... cloud9.gif

As one the world's greatest FF fans (pun intended), I hope the art to FF 1 and 2 show up someday, even though I'll never be able to touch it.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

The seller alluded to the non-appearance of the artwork for FF #1 and 2. Anyone got an opinion on that? Is the buyer going to be SOL when those pages turn up?
I swear that I read that the FF 1 pages were intact without the covers. That was a few years ago so I don't know if they were ever broken up. It was published somewhere that a bunch of complete books were sold. Perhaps in the CBM? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif