• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the odds?

26 posts in this topic

While I'm thinking about it, is there any way to do a census search by signature?

Say...Search Berni Wrightson and get a list of books he signed in SS, and what grades they are?

Thanks, guys. That gives me an idea of what will be easy, and what's just a pipe dream.

It's never a pipe dream, Dicey. These witnesses are scary resourceful. They have gotten books done from people thought to be nearly impossible. I think everything is a possibility as long as the creators stay alive.

Then my chance to get a MSS#5 signed by all 4 members of Kiss are quite possible?

I have a Kiss 4k Preview book signed by Gene and Paul. I am actively trying to get Ace and Peter and I will get them. :sumo:

:acclaim:

Thanks, guys. That gives me an idea of what will be easy, and what's just a pipe dream.

It's never a pipe dream, Dicey. These witnesses are scary resourceful. They have gotten books done from people thought to be nearly impossible. I think everything is a possibility as long as the creators stay alive.

Then my chance to get a MSS#5 signed by all 4 members of Kiss are quite possible?

I have a Kiss 4k Preview book signed by Gene and Paul. I am actively trying to get Ace and Peter and I will get them. :sumo:

:acclaim:

What's up, pimp? Nice batch of subs, but let's try and get that prescreen average a little higher. 43/48 is not A work, it's B+ work, and I know you are capable of A work.

Neil Gaiman is not a 1 by any means - in the last 2 years there has been exactly 2 signings by him, both private.

You are right. He is absolutely impossible! If I have a signing opportunity I will be sure to charge a massive witness fee due to the rarirty. lol

Seriously though, he is a 1 for me because he is already on my list for this year......soooo that is why I gave him a 1. Because it will be easy to have a regular signing. It wont be at a con but all witnesses have the ability to setup private signings if they follow the proper steps through cgc.

I'm a SS virgin, but ready to take the leap.

Here's a list of sigs I would like to get. Could some of you more experienced guys could maybe rate them? Say on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being easy to get as in having regular signings and 10 being impossible to get.

With that...here are my most wanted sigs...

Artists/Writers...

Bernie Wrightson 1

Neal Adams 1

Neil Gaiman 5

Stephen King 9 (Didn't Stephen do last year's NYCC?)

Stephen Platt

Todd McFarlane 5

Erik Larsen 1

Sam Kieth 8 (Nice guy but I haven't seen him at a show since 2002. Wouldn't

think it's impossible to hold a private signing.

Jim Lee 2

Dale Keown 5

Mike Grell 1

Al Jaffee

Sergio Aragones 1

Jack Davis 7 (Besides the private signing)

Mort Drucker

Actors/Other...

Gene Simmons

Paul Stanley

Ace Frehley

Peter Criss

Bruce Campbell

Alice Cooper (2) Does celebrity golf tournaments and is nice

Cassandra (Elvira) Peterson 2 Does autograph shows and San Diego

Mark Hamill 4 Does autograph shows but is VERY expensive. Something like

$150.

Harrison Ford 10 (The hardest part will be getting a witness. And Harrison

has not done an autograph show. His infrequent private signings

has always been on their items.

Carrie Fisher 2 Does autograph shows. Joel Elad will be attending one next

weekend, but I don't know if he's taking submissions for her.

She'll only be there 1-day, so the line will be long.

James Earl Jones 9 Unless you're based in NYC. He does a lot of smaller plays

but isn't that willing of a signer.

David Prowse 3 Does shows but health issues make them more infrequent

Peter Mayhew 1 Does a lot of shows

Anthony Daniels 4 Does a U.S. show once or twice a year.

Kenny Baker 5 Health issues have made him rare.

My guesstimation,

John H.