• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Bronze/ Modern age books would you still put big money into?

43 posts in this topic

i wouldn't put BIG money into any single book, or couple of books, but spread over a bunch of books bought smartly now is different.

one other point, what genres took off when the CRASH of the 90's hit.... good girl & horror. Those title started insane jumps as the market was supposedly crashing. now they are softer as superheroes are flying again, that is the cycle i mentioned previously. Will it always happen that way, who knows, but i do believe people who feel uneasy about buying whats been going hot & heavy divert to what was overlooked until that becomes overbearing, etc.

A real Action 1 9.4 would go for way over One Mil. A Hulk 181 10.0 wouldn't

Well I guess I would really be following in their foot steps then. They offer a significantly low ball offer and I offer a significantly unreal over priced offer. makepoint.gif

Guess I'd go for a Detective 402 in 9.6 , a Batman 237 in 9.6 or a Giant Comics Editions 12. There'll always be a demand for those.

If you have a copy of Batman 237 cgc 9.6 you would be my hero flowerred.gif

DAM

Um there are two types of big money ideas here, as in big money key books that will retain value and big money books that you will still by for your collection. In BA modern I would guess that big money is probably $250 or more, debatable but there are stil not too many issue that fetch over that besides the lets say 10 legit keys in 9.4 or better.

Again I really see the BA Modern flip for cash market window closing - Hulk 181 etc aside. Unless the North American economy as a whole really swings upwards.

So for me its big money for my collection.

In BA, Batman 232 ya Id still chuck some dough on that book. Astonishing Tales #25 and HOS 92 as well. I have bowed out of more and more BA CGC books on Ebay lately with the exception of my ASM 194 purchase and will continue to do so with the exception of the books mentioned. I have directed pursuits elsewhere and started a few new runs, hey some of them are horror. Oh Steranko will cause me to throw caution to the wind as well cloud9.gif

Modern Hmmm Moore Swamp Things and my personal weak spot New Teen Titans.

It would be fun to hear a real choice mentioned from YOU! 893naughty-thumb.gif

Okay:

DC Horror Keys, Important Title/Story Shifts and Popular Artists.

DC Horror is where all the 1990-2000's action was in "just discovered key issue" price appreciation (HOM 174, Spectre Adventures, Jonah Hex, Weird War Tales, Ghosts, etc.), and I only see it continuing.

All you need to do is find the issue that'll take off next, and then hype it up on here. grin.gif