• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most irrelevant Comic Book of the 80's

52 posts in this topic

Okay I wasn't gonna do it, but you forced my hand. If your gonna whip out your Billy Ray, I had to go look for my shameful one. So without further ado, let me whip out my Prince.....

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

princecomic.jpg

Good try, but that's a 90s book...I know that because I'm a fan of the music, not the comic ..actually, the 80s music...not the last 10 years of Prince' stuff. A bit of trivia about that comic is that the artwork was done by the artist of one of Prince's albums covers.

The first Prince comic book had a great cover by Brian Bolland. Supposedly Prince read The Killing Joke and really loved it, and insisted that they get Bolland to draw the cover.

know that because I'm a fan of the music, not the comic ..actually, the 80s music...not the last 10 years of Prince' stuff.

Man, is that so right on. The drivel he has been doing with NPG is so disappointing when you consider the volumne of primo stuff he did for years and years. I stopped buying Prince stuff awhile ago. Trivia. I used to drive past Pasley Park to go to work!

Most irrelevant Comic Book of the 80's

The New Universe books win hands down for me. foreheadslap.gif

Starbrand actually started off pretty well, but then went down the tubes real fast. The rest of the books were just plain bad from start to finish.

I seem to remember Marvel heralding the New Universe as a chance for readers that missed the creation of the MU in the early 60's a chance to get in on the ground floor. grin.gifblush.gifcrazy.gif

Okay I wasn't gonna do it, but you forced my hand. If your gonna whip out your Billy Ray, I had to go look for my shameful one. So without further ado, let me whip out my Prince.....

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Good try, but that's a 90s book...I know that because I'm a fan of the music, not the comic ..actually, the 80s music...not the last 10 years of Prince' stuff. A bit of trivia about that comic is that the artwork was done by the artist of one of Prince's albums covers.

Good Try? Did I say I was attempting an 80's cover here? Give me more credit than that harvey. I have the book, I know it's a 90's book. That wasn't the reason I posted it, if you had read my post. If you want the 80's books scroll up a few posts.

Good Try? Did I say I was attampting an 80's cover here? Give me more credit than that harvey. I have the book, I know it's a 90's book. That wasn't the reason I posted it, if you had read my post. If you wan't the 80's books scroll up a few posts.

Well, I just assumed that you thought it was an 80s book because of the topic of the thread. But no big deal either way...I wasn't scolding you, just pointing out that the book was post 80s.