• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2009 Report/Art Day

28 posts in this topic

Felix,

I did not get a chance to thank you for your help over the weekend. I would have peed my pants on more than one occasion if you did not stop and fill in for me while I used the facilities. Thanks for that and for running around helping me out when I needed it.

As for the Camelot 3000 complete issues....they didn't get broken up. The ones you saw loose were the ones that Brian had loose coming into the show. He was willing to break them up if someone wanted pages from those issues, but everyone who saw them felt bad about breaking them up and tried to figure a way to buy them intact.

There were 5 complete issues of Camelot 3000 prelims, and about 100 more loose camelot 3000 pages. He also brought 40-50 larger cover prelims (animal man, invisibles, dredd, 2000ad) and sold almost 20 of them. People were clamoring for this stuff. So much great stuff that had never been offered for sale before.

Brian finished so many great sketches but I only listed a few pics in my CAF gallery. I don't want to steal anyone's thunder so I will wait to see which other ones pop up on CAF this week before I post the shots.

Best,

Chris

You were there & I didn't meet you? :mad::(

Felix,

I did not get a chance to thank you for your help over the weekend. I would have peed my pants on more than one occasion if you did not stop and fill in for me while I used the facilities. Thanks for that and for running around helping me out when I needed it.

As for the Camelot 3000 complete issues....they didn't get broken up. The ones you saw loose were the ones that Brian had loose coming into the show. He was willing to break them up if someone wanted pages from those issues, but everyone who saw them felt bad about breaking them up and tried to figure a way to buy them intact.

There were 5 complete issues of Camelot 3000 prelims, and about 100 more loose camelot 3000 pages. He also brought 40-50 larger cover prelims (animal man, invisibles, dredd, 2000ad) and sold almost 20 of them. People were clamoring for this stuff. So much great stuff that had never been offered for sale before.

Brian finished so many great sketches but I only listed a few pics in my CAF gallery. I don't want to steal anyone's thunder so I will wait to see which other ones pop up on CAF this week before I post the shots.

Best,

Chris

You were there & I didn't meet you? :mad::(

Stuck directly behind Bolland's booth all weekend. :cry:

Can't believe it. I did not realize you were gonna be there. :(

C

I didn't have a lot of time to walk around & wasn't there on Sunday, so I guess that is how I missed you. I didn't even know Bolland had a booth there.... :eek:

And I did not know you and Buck were set up together. I totally missed his booth.

I missed a lot over the weekend. I left that booth for a total of 20 minutes the entire weekend when the show was open. I am still tired.

You got any art left over?

C

It was a crazy & packed show, no doubt. I got to a few comic tables to buy some books, saw some nice OA, but had maybe 3 hrs. over 2 days to look.

Believe it or not, I sold all the art I brought. Most to a new guy I met on Friday, the last piece to a long time collector when I got back. :(

I have decided to let my Wacky Packages try-outs go though now that Topps has shelved the new series... :baiting:

2586661128_9e8decb1dd_o.jpg

It was a crazy & packed show, no doubt. I got to a few comic tables to buy some books, saw some nice OA, but had maybe 3 hrs. over 2 days to look.

Believe it or not, I sold all the art I brought. Most to a new guy I met on Friday, the last piece to a long time collector when I got back. :(

I have decided to let my Wacky Packages try-outs go though now that Topps has shelved the new series... :baiting:

2586661128_9e8decb1dd_o.jpg

Awww COOOL!!

Did you sell all these? Or are they just becoming available?

C