• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is Starfire? Commission by Eduardo Barreto

7 posts in this topic

One of my favorite series in the 80s was New Teen Titans, while George was the co-creator my favorite artist on the series was Eduardo Barreto. I contacted him a while back and bought a number of pages from the series. I later met him at San Diego and and he did a sweet Starfire for me. After that I talked to him about doing a Starfire commission for me. Last year he had the time and I gave him a few ideas to include in the piece.

Yesterday I received the finished art and it blew me away. One of the things I love about Ed's work is his compositions and this is one of his best. Looks like it was done for a recent comic, the logo included really nailed it.

I am thrilled with the results, plus he added a little bonus (what doesn't belong in this piece?).

Who_is_starfire_commission6.jpg

Anyone interested in getting a commission email me and I'll forward on Ed's contact info. After getting such a great commission, I want to tell everyone they should get one for themselves.

One of the best planned, laid out, and executed commissions I have seen in a long time, if ever. The composition and overall feel of the piece are top shelf...

Wooo...

C

It didn't turn out as I expected. When I got the original prelim the scene with the photographer had a 2nd guy in it and I thought it would be cool to have me as the photographer assistant. Ed decided to have just Starfire and the photographer only which works but then he decided to add me in the group shot which I like much better than my idea.