• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 129 very hot right now.

22 posts in this topic

Well I have lost three bids this week on ASM 129, and I have been bidding over guide for them. I have been hunting a raw 129 to get slabbed before the movie hits. I've got some 8.0-6.5's , but the search continues. No PM please, for I'm trying to find a 129 off ebay that is severly undergraded. Now if someone wants to sell a 9.0+ for VG money..didn't think so. The book is definently on fire right now along with Iron Man #1.

well i think this book has always been sought after but now it is just nuts. Anyone that can find a raw 9.0 or better copy for a good price has an easy $200+ coming back after posting it on ebay (after said book coming back from FLA).

Well I have lost three bids this week on ASM 129, and I have been bidding over guide for them. I have been hunting a raw 129 to get slabbed before the movie hits. I've got some 8.0-6.5's , but the search continues. No PM please, for I'm trying to find a 129 off ebay that is severly undergraded. Now if someone wants to sell a 9.0+ for VG money..didn't think so. The book is definently on fire right now along with Iron Man #1.

I'd just give up trying to find that book right now. Unless you get extremely lucky, you long ago missed the boat. Everyone and their brother is looking for copies right now since it's THE movie hype book right now. If you want to make the big $$ on this sort of thing you want to look NOW for the potential movie hype books for 2004 and 2005.

Anyone that can find a raw 9.0 or better copy for a good price has an easy $200+ coming back after posting it on ebay

How much would be a good pice?

less than what you would sell it for tongue.gif

well it wil be unlikely u can get a good price on ebay right now. maybe at a store or through the cbg.....or more than likely a private deal involving multiple books. i would say for a "real" vf/nm raw copy, about $200-300.

I'd just give up trying to find that book right now. Unless you get extremely lucky, you long ago missed the boat. Everyone and their brother is looking for copies right now since it's THE movie hype book right now. If you want to make the big $$ on this sort of thing you want to look NOW for the potential movie hype books for 2004 and 2005.

Do you think that Hellblazer falls into that category? That stuff is still relatively cheap to pick up.

Do you think that Hellblazer falls into that category? That stuff is still relatively cheap to pick up.

Depending on the storyline, the only one with a real chance I'd think would be Swamp Thing 37. Other than that, unless there's a real story tie in with some issues, I don't know. I kind of doubt it. Since you can get them so cheap you might take a flyer on #1, the 1st Ennis (#41) or the Gaimian/ McKean issue (#27)? I wouldn't bet the farm on it though.

Depending on the storyline, the only one with a real chance I'd think would be Swamp Thing 37. Other than that, unless there's a real story tie in with some issues, I don't know. I kind of doubt it. Since you can get them so cheap you might take a flyer on #1, the 1st Ennis (#41) or the Gaimian/ McKean issue (#27)? I wouldn't bet the farm on it though.

By the time the movie rolls around, the series may have hit issue #200. Do you think that it may be a better bet as a 'bulk' sale?

i don't think hellblazer books will go nuts, BUT #41 & 42 are 2 of the lowest print runs of the series, they are ennis' 1st US work AND its the storyline the movie is based on so MAYBE, who knows? If any books will keep rising, is 47-61 because they have not been reprinted, and are TOUGH to find. Of course if the trade comes out, then they are doomed.