• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best X-Mas related way to annoy the coworkers...

11 posts in this topic

Pardon the weird post, but this is a serious issue this time of year.

My normal choice is to play Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics (the Southpark Christmas album), though you have to be really careful as to who is listening in. It was also put out several years ago, so I need some fresh material.

Anyone with some suggestions?!?

Nearly all "Christmas music" is [!@#%^&^]. I can only think of one good Xmas song: "The Fairytale of New York" by The Pogues.

I suspect that British Christian rocker Cliff Richard ( a former Elvis wannabe, he's infested the U.K.'s Xmas charts for decades) may be unheard of in the U.S., but any of his sanctimonious, trite fluff would certainly irritate anyone with any taste at all. You want annoying garbage? Check the U.K.s "seasonal" chart hits.

Six years ago, I spent several hours learning to be able to sing the words to carols...

That doesn't sound like much a feat...

But I can sing the words to Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer over the tune of White Christmas...

And I can do a mean Frosty the Snowman over Silent Night...

There's nothing like the looks on people's faces when you sing the words to Jingle Bells whenever We Wish You a Merry Christmas comes on...

I suspect the Pogues would irritate more people than any amount of "fluff!" Most people have no taste!

Even people who detest the Pogues like that tune (Fairytale). It's not a barnstormer, like most of their stuff, and also captures the essence of Xmas perfectly, even though it's not a song specifically about it. Besides, if you're from London you have to like 'em. It's the law. tongue.gif

Traditional music from Scotland and Ireland is the best! I have more CDs of Celtic music than any other genre! grin.gif

You'd be surprised to know that there's a pretty decent tradition of English folk protest music that's worth a listen. However nothing quite matches the Scottish/Irish stuff. The best songs about London are from the Pogues. That Hellblazer flick better have some songs from them, or there'll be uproar.