• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unrestored run of cgc graded Detective comics 1 to 25 at Comic connect

61 posts in this topic

They are my old run.

Just sent them the #26 today.

I sold them to Metro to give myself a chance at the Action #1.

George wow what a beautiful run of books. The #3 Lost Valley Copy is my favorite (outside of issue #1).

The #3 was the hardest to find.

Rare in any shape. This is the highest graded and I had to thank Rick for finding it.

As I remember he used it as a bargaining chip to prise one of my CGC 5.0 blue Tec #31s out of my hands.

im surprised Peter didn't buy it from you...

not high enough a grade (shrug)

B.

Action 12 has a Batman image/ad at the end of the Superman story. I believe that Action 12 hit the newsstands before Detective 27.

probabably true. and the tec 15 has the 1st action ad. full page after the cover. i wonder how much that will go for? i am surprised no one jumped to make an offer for mine a while back when i had it for sale?

Action 12 has a Batman image/ad at the end of the Superman story. I believe that Action 12 hit the newsstands before Detective 27.

I believe there is only a Bat-man head shot at the end panel of the Superman story akin to the pre-hero More Fun #51 Spectre head shot panel.

I believe there is only a Bat-man head shot at the end panel of the Superman story akin to the pre-hero More Fun #51 Spectre head shot panel.

i believe you are right. and i hear that Tec 26 says something like "next issue the Batman", not sure though

I am not sure about the publication, but I believe that the More Fun and Tec 15 hit the stands at about the same time (from what I hear). Regardless, the Ad 26, Tec 15 and MF 31 equally have the first public image of Superman. The only thing is that the Adv 26 and Tec 15 (being what they are) are still in more demand than the MF 31 (funny covers tend not to attract people as much as the other two). And probably will stay that way forever.