• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I look for Giant Size Spider-Man #4 to take....

28 posts in this topic

.. a big jump with the upcoming Punisher movie and Spidey 2 coming out in '04. These GS in high grade (8.0 or better) are hard to come by, so it will be interesting to see if the book takes off since ASM 129 is so white hot and selling for 100%+ of guide in the raw. If you have a 8.0 + or even a 7.5, thumbsup2.gifyou might want to slab it and gamble on a craze for this ish that very well may come out of the movie mania sales drive.

It runs true for most of the Giant Size because of the many defects that came about because of how they were binded(squarebond). My experience with GS is that people don't trust the grade due to their history. I think a slabbed GS ASM #4 may fly well in 8.0+, the movie craze will help this issue out.

It runs true for most of the Giant Size because of the many defects that came about because of how they were binded(squarebond). My experience with GS is that people don't trust the grade due to their history. I think a slabbed GS ASM #4 may fly well in 8.0+, the movie craze will help this issue out.

They haven't been doing much lately. I wanted to dump my CGC 9.0 and I checked recently ended auctions and other copies featured at like $36 so I am not so sure that it will take a jump soon if it hasn't already. $36 for a CGC 9.0 is definitly not meeting guide as a previous post had stated.

I just bought a raw copy from Heritage that is at least a VF+ for $31 bucks.

Mephisto44 if I had known you had one to get rid of I might have bought it. Like you said though, the market just isn't there for them right now so you may not have wanted to unload it for the going price thumbsup2.gif

I guess it appeals to those Giant Size collectors. Which I still don't believe there's many people trying to put together full sets of Giant Size books, yet some on here believe it is so.. so who am I to argue. smile.gif

Brian

Well, I don't see GS ASM #4 taking a big jump, but maybe a dink or two up in typical OVST 10-15% fashion.

As for the GS books, I love 'em! Actually some pretty good stories and they're fun to hunt down in higher grade. The Kid Colt books are giving me a headache right now at 9.0 or better.

I've got a 9.0 up on eBay right now if anyones interested. smile.gif

Giant-Size Spider-Man #4 CGC 9.0

Heck, I bid on it. If I win yours I wont have to shell out grading fees for the copy I just won from Heritage.

As for the GS, I love them too as they are a lot harder to find in high grade then your average book. I am not saying they can't be found, but the square spines don't hold up to well. makepoint.gif

.. a big jump with the upcoming Punisher movie and Spidey 2 coming out in '04.

I can't see it. The book contains the only the 4TH appearance of the Punisher...so what?

I suspect the sales of the GS are way lower than the sales of his first three appearences,and this book is hard to find in HG.Koch and Dolgof had stacks of Spidey 134,135 for years but none of these.

It may well be scarcer, but it's an appearance outside of the regular title - it's quite an easy issue to "forget". Plus the story/art suck really, really hard in that issue, from what I remember - so I doubt there will ever be a huge run on it. Not a key, not memorable for quality, not really that desirable... tonofbricks.gif

It may well be scarcer, but it's an appearance outside of the regular title - it's quite an easy issue to "forget". Plus the story/art suck really, really hard in that issue, from what I remember - so I doubt there will ever be a huge run on it. Not a key, not memorable for quality, not really that desirable... tonofbricks.gif

i think the book has legs, just like the other early punny appearences outside the spidey title run. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifgossip.gif

Moses Magnum nuff said!