• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Target Audience of modern comics?

22 posts in this topic

I am still a DC fan and I consider Countdown to Infinite Crisis one of my favourite comics ever. That might be that it wasn't decompressed and it told an entire story. I still think that killing Ted Kord is a cop-out in terms of story telling but it was still good. To me the most important idea was brought up by Maloney414 who makes the point that House of M and Secret Invasion could be understood easily. There was a benefit and a further understanding if you knew the history of the Avengers or the Skrull/Kree war but it was 100% necessarily to understand the story. DC doesn't seem to enjoy that.

I agree. I haven't read secret invasion yet, nor likely to read anything out of the spidey series from marvel right now, but house of M was very easy to pick up and get into. DC isn't doing a great job of that right now, I also don't like 13 issue series that kill the guy just to bring a character back.