• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Long Are Grader's Notes Available For?

7 posts in this topic

I've been wondering this since I bought my Batman #608 RRP. It's a 9.4 and if I could find out what kept it down I may consider cracking it for a resubmission. If it could be pressed to a 9.6/9.8 then I'd do it as I have no plans to sell the book.

I'd have preferred a straight 9.8 without the pressing but it would definitely be a cheaper way for me to own one.

Just an idea I'm toying around with as I'm not overly keen on pressing, but if the graders notes are inaccesible I'm not even going to bother.

I haven't admitted I can't see any defects - I haven't looked closely enough. I bought it, admired it for a while then stashed it away safe. If there is an interior defect with the book (doubtful but possible) I would have no way off knowing (shrug)

I may have no plans to sell the book, but my collection will be handed down to my kids someday to do with what they will. They may want to sell them which will be there choice, and a 9.8 would obviously fetch more.

I'll give them a call tomorrow while the wife is out, she'd blow her top if she knew I waas making transAtlantic calls :eek:

Just to point out I'm not questioning CGC's grading here either, I'm just genuinely interested in what the defects of the book are for the aforementioned reasons (thumbs u