• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4 GA humor comics needed for Spiegelman's next book!!

11 posts in this topic

Hi everybody.

I've been having a few phone and email conversations with Art Spiegelman, who is putting together another anthology. Toons for Young Folk or something like that. Anyway, I've sent him a few books he's looking for and he's still trying to get these four, as his deadline for finalizing things approaches.

I think he either needs scans of the story he wants to use from each of these comics or else he'd be happy to borrow the comic and they'll do the scan and return the comic. Can anyone help with any of these?

Coo-Coo #27

ISSUE AND PUB DATE: Don Arr (Christensen). Coo-Coo No. 27

Dan Gordon "Droopy" in Laffy Daffy Comics 01_51

ISSUE AND PUB DATE: Dave Berg, Alice OR New Adventures in Wonderland,

No. 10 July-Aug. 1951, Approved Comics Inc.

ISSUE AND PUB DATE: Little Archie Giant Comics, Vol 1, No 4, Fall

1957. Archie Comics Publications (PCW). Renewed 1985.

I got to hear Art speak In Philly years ago, he was a hoot! He actually made the Philadelphia Public Library allow him to smoke in the building, or he wouldn't talk! lol

I saw Spiegelman give a talk a couple of years ago.

To get around the No Smoking ordinances, he claimed he was giving a performance not a lecture. hm

Apparently that ploy worked because he smoked like a chimney. smoking-smiley-5411.gif