• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: FF 112

22 posts in this topic

Book is totally unrestored, no color touch-up. Back cover is even better than front, a scan of back cover usually doesn't tell that much unless there is significant defect because it's mostly white. There is nothing on this copy's bc.
hm Uh, I don't agree.

Look closely for fingerprints. This book is notorious for them and it will get a 9.2 - 9.4 knocked down to 8.5. :sorry:

This is an accurate, helpful statement, and doesn't deserve a (tsk) If you didn't want opinions, why post the book at all?

Book is totally unrestored, no color touch-up. Back cover is even better than front, a scan of back cover usually doesn't tell that much unless there is significant defect because it's mostly white. There is nothing on this copy's bc.
hm Uh, I don't agree.

It is your right to disagree, and my right to disagree with you as well. It is already difficult to grade a front cover by a scan only, it is even more difficult with the BC.

And the warning says it all: "NOTE: GRADING FROM A SCAN IS NOT RELIABLE, it's just interesting."

I post the scans for the fun of it, the comments of everybody are interesting and welcome.

Hope this answers your concerns..

Look closely for fingerprints. This book is notorious for them and it will get a 9.2 - 9.4 knocked down to 8.5. :sorry:

This is an accurate, helpful statement, and doesn't deserve a (tsk) If you didn't want opinions, why post the book at all?

That was an accurate statement indeed and the (tsk) was not regarding the quote you do mention, rather about the fact of handling the book further (and therefore taking the risk of putting fingerprints on the front cover) in order to make a scan of the back cover for a book I do not want to sell..

There is NO fingerprints at all !!, that is why I will not dare making a back cover scan of this book (tsk) , the less I touch it, the better it is and it will stay into my collection for a while

Here's how you respond to kind remarks - learn some manners.

There is NO fingerprints at all !!, that is why I will not dare making a back cover scan of this book (tsk) , the less I touch it, the better it is and it will stay into my collection for a while

You should be handling your books with disposable gloves on anyway. It makes handling them so much easier, and you wont get any fingerprints on them at all. Becomes a easy habit to get in to. (thumbs u

DRX

Here's how you respond to kind remarks - learn some manners.

I am not the one calling others with profanity names, in an insulting manner toward other members, you are the one whom should learn manners. And by the way, I just did complain about you and notify the administrator regarding your insult towards me..

You should be handling your books with disposable gloves on anyway. It makes handling them so much easier, and you wont get any fingerprints on them at all. Becomes a easy habit to get in to. (thumbs u

DRX

Thanks for the tip, you are probably right, I have to try that :) .

I appreciate constructive advices like yours.