• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America Comics 1 for sale High Grade

11 posts in this topic

I'm considering selling my copy of Captain America Comics #1. Its CGC graded at 7.0 and is unrestored. I've already talked with a few dealers and received a couple reasonable offers, but ultimately I wanted a little more for the book than a dealer would be willing to pay. This is easily the nicest book in my collection and I don't really like the idea of selling it but there are several books available for sale at the moment that I'd like to have in my collection even more than this one that I won't have the money for if I don't sell this book first. I originally had a sale already lined up for this book but it seems as if the buyer is backing out due to lack of funds. I don't mind selling this book for considerably below guide value but I don't plan on giving it away either. I'm not sure if there's anyone on these forums at the moment with this sort of money to spend but if there's anybody interested out there please PM me.

Adam

Brian,

I know Escrow is secure, but Since we're talking about an item of such value here I would prefer not to have the book leave my hands until I have been paid. I'd prefer to meet the buyer in person on this one. I'd make the drive if necessary. I'd also consider using someone that the buyer and I both know as a sort of Escrow service (maybe someone at the CGC would be willing to do something like this). I personally have never met anyone at www.escrow.com, and just wouldn't feel comfortable using them for a transaction over $10,000.

Please PM me if you are interested in the book. I'm sure we'd be able to work out some sort of method of payment that would be acceptable to both of us.

Thanks!

Adam

I just wanted to thank everyone for the offers I received on this book. There were a couple of close calls but it doesn't look like the book is going to end up selling yet, so for anyone interested I'm going to be putting this book up on eBay on Sunday night.

Thanks! I didn't send the Marvel in because I thought it would come back poor due to not having its original cover right? Or was I wrong about this? If it was just going to get a poor for being incomplete I figured having a 0.5 CGC label wouldn't impact the value one way or the other. (Plus this book looks so cool raw) Although I know Metropolis had a CGC 0.5 copy with brittle pages they were looking to get $11,000 for.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif But then again that one had its original cover. Ahwell, too many variables and too much of a knowledge gap on my part when it comes to coverless books.. I figured I'd just put it up on eBay and let the buyer do what he wanted with it confused-smiley-013.gif

I just wanted to thank everyone for the offers I received on this book. There were a couple of close calls but it doesn't look like the book is going to end up selling yet, so for anyone interested I'm going to be putting this book up on eBay on Sunday night.

I am surprized that Metro didn't grab it from you. Did you try Mark Wilson ? - he pays better than most dealers...not all the time, but on certain items he will.