• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can anyone recommend a fair comic dealer?

46 posts in this topic

Thanks Roy. I really appreciate the help! :grin:

BTW, enjoyed your NYCC Report. That's a sweet MMC 9 you picked up at the show! :cloud9:

I've never been to any big cons, but am considering it. I just figured that if I can find the books I want through e-mails and phone calls, I'd prefer to do that. What I would pay for airfare and a room at one of the big cons might total the cost of a single high grade book I would have otherwise purchased. (shrug)

So for now, I've only been to the local Nashville Comic Con, which I'm sure pales in comparison to the biggies!

Thanks for the kind words. I don't know of many dealers in your area but Dale Roberts is in Kentucky IIRC and he's a board member (with a few active sales threads as we speak in the selling forum). You might want to drop him a pm OR just visit a more local con that you can drive to...there's usually something within a couple of hours driving no matter where you live.

R.

Thanks for the endorsement Roy. I will be glad to work with you in any way I can, want lists, phone, snail mail(both of which you can find in my Overstreet Ad on page 250, or even through the boards (PM). I will be at the Nashville Con again this fall and Chicago as well.

http://stores.ebay.com/DALE-ROBERTS-COMICS

Dale is the man. He rates among the best, IMHO.

*takes the five dale is passing him under the table* :whistle:

Seriously. Dale is the goods. (thumbs u

You should also keep your eyes open on this selling forum for any sales threads from Foolkiller (Brian Ketterer). He always has really nice books and literally sells out on most of his listings. Great guy to deal with as well. (thumbs u

I also highly recommend Bob Storms, but I spend enough with him for both of us. lol

Thanks Roy. I really appreciate the help! :grin:

BTW, enjoyed your NYCC Report. That's a sweet MMC 9 you picked up at the show! :cloud9:

I've never been to any big cons, but am considering it. I just figured that if I can find the books I want through e-mails and phone calls, I'd prefer to do that. What I would pay for airfare and a room at one of the big cons might total the cost of a single high grade book I would have otherwise purchased. (shrug)

So for now, I've only been to the local Nashville Comic Con, which I'm sure pales in comparison to the biggies!

Thanks for the kind words. I don't know of many dealers in your area but Dale Roberts is in Kentucky IIRC and he's a board member (with a few active sales threads as we speak in the selling forum). You might want to drop him a pm OR just visit a more local con that you can drive to...there's usually something within a couple of hours driving no matter where you live.

R.

Thanks for the endorsement Roy. I will be glad to work with you in any way I can, want lists, phone, snail mail(both of which you can find in my Overstreet Ad on page 250, or even through the boards (PM). I will be at the Nashville Con again this fall and Chicago as well.

http://stores.ebay.com/DALE-ROBERTS-COMICS

I couldn't resist the opportunity to post this again...just got it from Dale,who allowed me to make time payments on a book he could have easily sold much faster.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

VENUS18.jpg

P.S. Board members that haven't been mentioned yet but should be are Namisgr and Blue808....and there are plenty more where they came from.

If you are entering books you want into my want list feature on the site I will know what you are looking for. I have my laptop with me at every show. It's much easier pulling up books from a database versus going through paperwork that frankly is outdated the day you get it.

Bob

Sounds like a cool feature (thumbs u

And some great suggestions so far. I personally use Google to find books - its served me well as both a buyer and a part-time seller. I'm not talking about the ads either, but the organic search results matching your search criteria.