• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any dealings with Gary Dolgoff?

33 posts in this topic

Dolgoff and Sulipa both are at the top of my list.

I couldn't agree more.

Gary Dolgoff is a wonderful character and fabulous to deal with.

Unfortunately I haven't bought much off him for ages, as he tens to be more Silver Age than Golden Age, but in the early days he filled tons of gaps, was true to his word, and was an utter joy to deal with.

As is Doug Sulipa, who has recently gone out of his way to find stuff for me - a genuine, warm hearted and sincere guy.

Other dealers who really do deserve an award for being helpful and genuine....

PAUL SASSIENIE - COMIC BIZ

RICHARD MAKINSON - QUICKSILVER COMICS

ANDY COLEMAN - GOLDDUST COMICS

HARLEY YEE

JOE VERENAULT - JHV ASSOCIATES

MICHAEL GOLDMAN - MOTORCITY COMICS

RICH MUCHIN - Whatever you may think, he's been very good to ME.

JONATHAN BROWNE - THEY WALK AMONG US

JIM AT BEDROCK CITY

JOHN VERZYL - COMIC HEAVEN

ROBERT ROGOVIN - FOUR COLOUR

I haven't left anyone else out intentionally. I can't list EVERYONE. But the above names have gone out of their way to be EXTRA helpful and accomodating, more than anyone else, that's all.

I can only report it as I see it, and when a dealer takes the trouble to make the customer feel wanted and important, and when the whole shebang doesn't become JUST about the money, then I think these dealers deserve a round of applause.

I know, and check out his Modern and Bronze issues, all low to mid-grade as well. I realize that Gary might undergrade a tad, but I've got better condtion books propping up my desk.

Well - so what? If he undergrades a tad all the more power to him. Is that a bad thing that he "undergrades a tad"? Are you offering the books propped up on your desk on a web site and also undergrading them a tad? If not, then why even say this? If so, tell me what you are offering.

Good lord! I'm looking at his listings of Silver ASM's right now, and they're all junk condition! Not one of them even breaks out past F; VG/F is the best (not even a straight F in the lot!).

What's up??

His vg/F are most ebayers NMs.Most runs of his I've bought in that condition tend to be mostly VFs with an occ. VG+ thrown in.you get more than what you pay for and in better condition. He doesn't sell much HG but he doesn't ask 4x guide either.

His vg/F are most ebayers NMs.Most runs of his I've bought in that condition tend to be mostly VFs with an occ. VG+ thrown in.you get more than what you pay for and in better condition. He doesn't sell much HG but he doesn't ask 4x guide either.

I'd second this. Gary rarely states that anything is in NM condition. His VG/F tend to be either in F+ or usually VF. His F/VF tend to be strong VF or NM. Though with that said....page quality will seldom be better than off-white.

Jim

Maybe when the original posters gave glowing revues to Gary they should have mentioned UR NOT GONNA SWOOP IN AND TAKE ALL HIS SEVERLY UNDERGRADED BOOKS AND SLAB THEM = 9.4S AND MAKE A MINT ON EBAY 10_1_120.gif He's not selling ultra HG RAw SA BA Books, is anybody? No they slab em and then charge a gazillion times guide. BUT

If you want some very sold runs of books in the F-VF or slightly better range hes your man. I think he may be the last bastion of comicbook readers paradise. IE solid SA BA books that are awesome to fill a collection but wont probably end up under glass,er make that plastic. That is, you can read em without getiing your shorts in a knot.

sign-rantpost.gif

Maybe when the original posters gave glowing revues to Gary they should have mentioned UR NOT GONNA SWOOP IN AND TAKE ALL HIS SEVERLY UNDERGRADED BOOKS AND SLAB THEM = 9.4S AND MAKE A MINT ON EBAY 10_1_120.gif He's not selling ultra HG RAw SA BA Books, is anybody? No they slab em and then charge a gazillion times guide. BUT

If you want some very sold runs of books in the F-VF or slightly better range hes your man. I think he may be the last bastion of comicbook readers paradise. IE solid SA BA books that are awesome to fill a collection but wont probably end up under glass,er make that plastic. That is, you can read em without getiing your shorts in a knot.

sign-rantpost.gif

What he said! thumbsup2.gif

Besides, I'm one of the villains who 7-10 years ago found out his FVF was mostly VF/VF+ and gobbled up most of his FFs 51-125. blush.gif

That's why he has only VGFs left... grin.gif

I purchased several Bronze Age books from him and many of them were overgraded (even by his "our F-VF is better than everyone else's NM" standards).

That said, I was completing a Ms. Marvel run and flipped the completed collection for much more than I lost on the overgrading.

I have not tried his wares a second time.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

He's not selling ultra HG RAw SA BA Books, is anybody? No they slab em and then charge a gazillion times guide.

Of course not, but many other dealers have supplies of the "not quite ready for plastic" VF to VF/NM books that are nice for Bronze run collecting, and I'd think Gary would too.