• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay mix-up...what to do.

69 posts in this topic

So here is my story. Well over a month ago I made an eBay purchase for a nice bronze age WW book CGC graded to a 9.6. Now this book is within an hour driving distance of my house so there is no business of it taking over a month to get to me and even though I receive numerous e-mails of 'it is on it's way' or 'I will send it in a few days'.

Today I get a package and inside is a completely different book. It is 'Choice Comics #1' which I have never heard of. I do not want to have to package this and send it back as it is a hassle I don't think I should have to deal with.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? If it was a good seller who wrote truthful and coherent e-mails I would be more understanding and return it but I have waited over a month for the wrong book and I am just sick of it.

If the place isnt that far away, I would go there and want to speak with the owner to get it straightened out.

I do understand that you are right but that is a lot of time invested for a book that only cost $33.00. Shouldn't he drive to me to fix this?

That would be great...call them and see and good luck!

Driving an hour for a $33.00 is not worth it. I would let him know that he sent you the wrong book and ask that he fix it. In the meantime if you did pay via paypal file a claim. It can be dismissed after all is fixed but you don't want to lose the ability to file the claim.

I do understand that you are right but that is a lot of time invested for a book that only cost $33.00. Shouldn't he drive to me to fix this?

If the seller took way too long to send the item then turned around and sent you something completely different, what makes you think they're going to do anything helpful like drive to see you??? Ain't gonna happen buddy.

Take it to the eBay Resolution Center (you have up to 90 days to do this but I would file it immediately). You can turn the seller in for sending something significantly different than what was described. You're supposed to communicate with the seller first. If you then don't get any satisfaction you can turn it over to eBay and they will contact the seller directly. Hope this helps.

Mike

Thanks for the advice. I really did not believe this guy would drive to see me and I will have to go to the eBay resolution centre.

Out of curiosity has anyone heard of Choice Comics? I did a quick search and cannot seem to find it. It seems like an obscure Golden Age book.

Thanks for the advice. I really did not believe this guy would drive to see me and I will have to go to the eBay resolution centre.

Out of curiosity has anyone heard of Choice Comics? I did a quick search and cannot seem to find it. It seems like an obscure Golden Age book.

Boy, did this just take a turn for the better for you. :grin:

I just looked up a Choice Comics #1 in Overstreet #38 and it guides for $152.00 in GOOD! Knowing this, assuming you're honest, you should contact the seller (if you haven't already) and let them know about the mix-up (assuming it was one). If he knows he sent you a book worth a heck of a lot more than what you paid for it he will probably be more than happy to meet you half-way and exchange the book you bought for the one you got.

Any chance you could scan the cover of the Choice Comics #1? I can then verify if it's the right one or not.

I can later tonight. It is actually slabbed as a CGC 7.0 (1941)and the is a kangaroo on the cover kicking two guys. I have every intention of being honest with the guy and this should be enough leverage that he can come to me to fix the issue.

Thanks for the info and I will get that scan up later tonight!

I can later tonight. It is actually slabbed as a CGC 7.0 (1941)and the is a kangaroo on the cover kicking two guys. I have every intention of being honest with the guy and this should be enough leverage that he can come to me to fix the issue.

Thanks for the info and I will get that scan up later tonight!

Is this it?

th_267_1.jpg

If it's a CGC 7.0 it just sold in December 2008 for $400.00. I would check the eBay seller's past sales and see if he is the one who sold the book. He probably mixed it and your WW slab up when he shipped them.

That is the book. I guess the next question is how long does it take this guy to ship? You would think someone how won a bid in December would have a book by now and if not you would assume he is already upset about it (especially a $400.00 book).

Thanks again and I just know this is going to lead to more e-mails with tis seller which are hard to decipher. (I am not a prude and everyone makes errors but the spelling/grammar are non-existent with the sellers e-mails and that just looks like a lack professionalism to me.)

You have been more than forgiving with this obvious person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bag.

My stance is this: Enjoy your new copy of Choice Comics #1.

Maybe next time he will be a more responsible seller and try to take care of his business in a timely manner and not make his buyer jump through hoops to receive merchandise that they paid for in good faith.

I e-mail the guy a few days ago asking where the book was and heard nothing until five minutes ago.

email me your shipping add and ill check it..did you win a choice comics #1..I may have mishipped

That is the entire message. I will get back to him but he is going to have to sweat it out for a few days.

Oh just got another one.

whoopsI think I shippd the wrong book...sorry about it I have the ww 230 in another package

I understand this person may be on the boards and that is why I am specifically not giving out their name.