• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Millar's "Wanted"

9 posts in this topic

Did anybody else read this? I picked it up on my shop's recommendation. Look's like it's gonna be a pretty crazy story!

(Not related to above, but just in case nobody read it, How about that '1602'? Latest issue ruled! Finally got to see Reed! If you're not reading this book, you should be!)

Chris

Did anybody else read this? I picked it up on my shop's recommendation. Look's like it's gonna be a pretty crazy story!

(Not related to above, but just in case nobody read it, How about that '1602'? Latest issue ruled! Finally got to see Reed! If you're not reading this book, you should be!)

Chris

When did it come out? What's it about? Who's doing the art?

As for 1602- I'm ready to gnaw my leg off to see how this unfolds. I was especially intrigued by the thing with the thing that's not the thing in that guy's castle (there's no spoiler warning here so I have to watch myself!)

Chris

Hey Chris,

Let me know how it is...I was tempted to pick it up, but decided not to given how behind I am on keeping up with reading the new issues I buy. Also, is this an ongoing or limited series?

Gene

Gene & Rob....

"Wanted" is a 6 issue mini-series about "super-villains". JG Jones (I think?) is the artist.

Premise: One of the super-villains gets set up and killed. Turns out he has an illegitimate son, whom he has left his fortune (50 million) to. The other super-villains decide to recruit this kid to their team.

That's the uber-simplistic version. I enjoyed it. And added it to my pull list. It'll be interesting to see if the baddies have just recruited this kid to get to his money. It's Millar, so it can't be too bad, right? wink.gif

--------

And to Rob's comments about '1602'.....I'm a excited as you to see what the 'thing' (that's not the thing) is. That was a killer twist. And isn't Doom the best! I love how Gaiman has stayed totally true to Doom's character. The line, "He's a little full of himself isn't he?" was great!

Chris

I really recommend the Wanted series... written by Mark Millar and drawn by J.G. Jones (you're correct Chrisco) it's a kinda wild action type story. This seems like a sleeper hit to me... and I enjoyed the first issue.

But it's only six issues long and will probably be collected in trade if you wait a while.

It had elements which reminded me of a sort of a Watchmen meets 8 Mile. J.G. Jones totally swiped Rabbit/Eminem for the protagonist. Some panels are almost exact replications of shots in 8 Mile.

Good art and great monologue/dialogue. I'll pick up the next one.

Chris,

The Friday after it came out I went into the LCS to pick it up and they were sold out. I asked the owner (I can never remember his name) why it was such a big seller. He told me that it was people buying more than one copy of the book. Apparently, his first several customers bought one copy of each cover and that ate up quite a few books.

I guess I will pick up the re-print.