• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

South Park Vs Family Guy...

58 posts in this topic

Family Guy. (thumbs u

We were fans of South Park for most of the early years, including seeing their first "short" at a Spike 'n Mike film festival, but as we've turned into old farts w/ kids, FG seems to be our choice these days. The humor still has that South Park bite to it, but the delivery is far more clever and runs the gamut from straight up blue to pretty obscure...Eartha Kit impressions anyone? :grin:

Boo! haha, just kiddin'...

Chris is the funniest in FG to me - People usually disagree with that, but it's just my opinion.

Family Guy. (thumbs u

We were fans of South Park for most of the early years, including seeing their first "short" at a Spike 'n Mike film festival, but as we've turned into old farts w/ kids, FG seems to be our choice these days. The humor still has that South Park bite to it, but the delivery is far more clever and runs the gamut from straight up blue to pretty obscure...Eartha Kit impressions anyone? :grin:

They are completely different shows, minus animation. Family guy is generally pretty random stuff with occassional commentary on whats going on in the country/media. Family Guy IMO is more of obscure pop culture refferences from the 70's to current.

South Park is heavily political and usually pretty on time with mocking current events within media and politics. I have always seen South Park as a very political cartoon, just biased in the way that it's creators control what is said.

In the end, Family Guy all the way.

Family Guy, Simpsons, than South Park in my book..

I grew up on the Simpsons, nuff said. While I grew up with SP as well, over the years, it has just gotten political/current events.. While its still hilarious, its not as good as it once was.. Too obscure now. I love Family Guy. I love how an entire episode can be them reference stuff that nobody knows, or those long musicals.. they are all entertaining to me, although I feel that they step "over the line" many a time...

I could watch reruns of Family guy and the Simpsons all afternoon, but can only handle so much South Park at a time..

the problem with south park for me has always been that the animation is really difficult to watch... from a pure humor standpoint, I prefer Family Guy, but there's no denying that South Park has had some truly hilarious episodes. I might even say that the highs from South Park are higher than Family Guy's best, but Family Guy is more consistently funny to me.

I like South Park better. Family Guy is ok but in my opinion not as good as South Park. Episodes lIke World of Warcraft and such just make me laugh so hard. Plus Towelie is awesome.

As for American Dad I Just started watching it and really been enjoying it. I have been enjoying American Dad more then Family Guy.

Family Guy, Simpsons, than South Park in my book..

I grew up on the Simpsons, nuff said. While I grew up with SP as well, over the years, it has just gotten political/current events.. While its still hilarious, its not as good as it once was.. Too obscure now. I love Family Guy. I love how an entire episode can be them reference stuff that nobody knows, or those long musicals.. they are all entertaining to me, although I feel that they step "over the line" many a time...

I could watch reruns of Family guy and the Simpsons all afternoon, but can only handle so much South Park at a time..

Ditto.

I agree with your order and reasons.

I like South Park better. Family Guy is ok but in my opinion not as good as South Park. Episodes lIke World of Warcraft and such just make me laugh so hard. Plus Towelie is awesome.

As for American Dad I Just started watching it and really been enjoying it. I have been enjoying American Dad more then Family Guy.

Wanna get high? lol

Wanna get high? lol

I decline to answer that because they are watching us!

lol

I bought the talking statue figure for this and it didnt even say that. Should have seen the email that company got lol.

No idea, the company never replied to my email or my post in their forum. The item is even marked to be for adults. The other issue was that they stated it said 12 sayings and it only says 8. Talk about being ripped off lol.

http://www.mezcotoyz.com/store/detail.aspx?ID=497

http://board.mezco.net/showthread.php?t=11344&highlight=towelie