• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I want a new Mountain bike so I am selling a few books

46 posts in this topic

Mountain bikes. BAH!

I ride a We The People 20.5" frame with WTP cranks and No-Name hubs with triple wall rims. I abuse it and it lets me. Now if it would just get warmer, I wanna get to the public skatepark

Did you say something (shrug)

Yea. I did mountain bike ninny.

JK. I never got into Mountain Bikes, they always felt uncomfortable.

Just remember "Tricks are for kids real men ride fast through the forest"
Either one will get your teeth knocked out. I have 3 cracked from bike accidents. And honestly the stuff I see people do at the local skateparks, the forest is safer. I also have owned many dirtbikes, I know trees hurt already. :boo:

I just got this this past Christmas. My last race was a 24 hour race in the fall of 2000, then I took a second job to help put the wife through school. Before that I raced Expert for several years and one a few State Championships here in Florida. Before anyone ones says something about Mountain Biking in Florida, if you haven't ridden here, then you'll never get that we have tough trails and there is no resting on the down hills. Several of us used to travel the East Coast and race in GA, NC, and TN as well and always did well. Man, I miss it.

My last bike was a carbon Trek 9.8 with full XTR. My wife bought me this Fisher Superfly (29er) for Christmas, in hopes to get me back in to the competitive spirit, and I think it is working. I have really missed the trails.

I''ll put a XC mountain biker's technical skills, mental and physical toughness up against any dirt jumper, skate park kid, or other biker any day of the week

Good luck with the sales, I hope you swing the new bike.

superfly.jpg