• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC sales for FF #12, anyone with stats?

78 posts in this topic

Thanks, yes, but unfortunately I'm not a member there, so I was hoping that someone who is might be able to convey that info. Nice Original Comic Art Collection BTW!!!

No, that's because you haven't paid to be a member.

Like the rest of us have. meh

So THAT'S how you become a member! doh!:whistle:

Thanks, yes, but unfortunately I'm not a member there, so I was hoping that someone who is might be able to convey that info. Nice Original Comic Art Collection BTW!!!

And in so admitting I'm not a member there, the not paying to be a member aspect follows evidently, otherwise I would have just joined and looked it up myself. That's why I was asking for the help. Didn't think it was a big deal. I just wanted to see if I got a good bargain on a FF #12 I just picked up.

Sorry guys.

And in so admitting I'm not a member there, the not paying to be a member aspect follows evidently, otherwise I would have just joined and looked it up myself. That's why I was asking for the help. Didn't think it was a big deal. I just wanted to see if I got a good bargain on a FF #12 I just picked up.

Sorry guys.

When you are not a member and ask for information you are guaranteed to get responses like this, but usually some generous person (like Mr. Moore) will be willing to give you a hand. Not sure why it pisses some people off so much, but it does.

CPA is a great service if you're a collector who buys a lot of slabs, or a dealer, or just a person with an interest and the money to suscribe. But if you mostly buy raw or don't make a lot of purchases or sales each month it doesn't make sense to suscribe.

People have mentioned Ebay as one source of information. I also use the Heritage Auction website. If you join that (free) you can search their past sales.

People are just defending GPA's right to charge for their service. It's a very inexpensive monthly price (about the cost of a few coffee and donut treats or a few moderns) and if you buy more than $100 in graded comics in a month it's indespensible.

George (the owner of GPA) came on here saying he doesn't mind the odd person asking for help but on the other hand is it fair? Especially for the service it provides compared to the cost?

R.

It works out to about 21.6-cents/day for the year's subscription...or about 2-bits. (Which I did say the asker owes me but have yet to receive any acknowledgement thereof... :devil: )

If you're buying books in the hundreds of dollars, it really pays for itself after a purchase or two...really helps one establish maximum bids especially in auctions and/or when a competitive bid might be in order...

I realize some people are annoyed by people asking to freeload off someone else's subscription...I've only answered these inquiries a few times... meh

I agree its a great service and reasonably priced. It just wouldn't make economic sense for me to suscribe because I'm almost always buying raw, and if there is a slab I want, or I'm looking to buy a key, I can go through the hassle of trying to research a fair price. If I was doing that a couple times a month it would be worth it to suscribe...but a couple times a year, not so much.

If you don't have GPA, I agree you should not be asking for freebies on the boards

from paying members. FYI, GPA is not for raw books, if you are buying raw why do you want a GPA quote, doesn't make sense ?!?

Suggestion: check out the poor man's GPA Comiclink, there are about 5 issues

in the range you specified.

TMoore,

Thanks for the info; I acknowledge that I owe you two-bits.

As for "freebies", I, upon first asking, didn't know where to look for this info so that is why I asked for help. Mr. Tmoore offered the info and for that I thank him. I assumed there was a site that carried this info, perhaps for free, because I often see the prices and sales records in people's sale's threads here on the boards. So please be a little nicer before you all assume someone is "freeloading".

If you don't have GPA, I agree you should not be asking for freebies on the boards

from paying members. FYI, GPA is not for raw books, if you are buying raw why do you want a GPA quote, doesn't make sense ?!?

Suggestion: check out the poor man's GPA Comiclink, there are about 5 issues

in the range you specified.

True, but if he bases it on CLink's asking price, he'll get robbed in most deals. ;)