• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tales Of The Zombie, No Grave Can hold Him !

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I thought I'd share some recent pickups and ask a question of the group. I indulged my interest in Horror magazines recently and picked up a set of Tales Of The Zombie mags. Vol 1 #s 1 & 3 and Annual as well as Volume 2 #1 Three classic Boris and 1 Earl Norem cover!

The Vol 1 #1 issue has an interesting thing going on, 5 of the story pages have some of the shading printed in green ink...? At first I thought I'd gotten boned and a previous owner has practiced their magic marker skills on this book but it's actually printed with green ink. Three of the ad pages are printed partly with green ink so I assume the printer was careless.

This is the first copy of Zombie #1 I've ever owned so I don't know if this is unique or are they all like this? If anyone can clue me in, I'd appreciate it

Thanks

Dave H

zombie1-3.jpg

zombiev21ann10.jpg

I don't have my copy handy but I'm pretty sure they all have the green spot color in them.

In the meantime I thought you'd like seeing the first appearence of the "Marvel Zombie" from his pre-code days!

1626724-Menace%235.jpg

Here's the first page splash courtesy of Bill Everett and Stan Lee...

1626724-Menace%235Splash.jpg