• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Teen Titans #2 -- 1st Deathstroke the Terminator

15 posts in this topic

So did this comic tank in value? Or is it still going strong? Will it keep going strong?

I love the 80s New Teen Titans, but I've never understood why this book got pricey in the first place.

So did this comic tank in value? Or is it still going strong? Will it keep going strong?

I love the 80s New Teen Titans, but I've never understood why this book got pricey in the first place.

Because Deathstroke is a monster bad-azz villain. He is my favorite villain that debuted in the 80s.

I have to agree, Deathstroke is one of the best DC villians to be created in a while. The TT run with Tara was awesome.

Totally... the Terra run are some of my favorite books of the 80s. (thumbs u I'm just surprised #2 has momentum outside of the hardcore NTT fans.

Because Deathstroke is a monster bad-azz villain. He is my favorite villain that debuted in the 80s.

(thumbs u

And, the way he was written by Wolfman/Perez, he may be my favorite villain period.

(thumbs u

And, the way he was written by Wolfman/Perez, he may be my favorite villain period.

He was written pretty well in Identity Crisis too

This book still hovers around the $300 range in 9.8 and $80 in 9.6. This disparity is so common with these copper/modern key books I.E. New Mutants 87 and 98, Uncanny X-Men #266, ASM #252, etc. Collectors clearly want this book in 9.8.

But Deathstroke does have a "coolness" factor, hence the interest in the book. Maybe people might see this character as the copper Punisher.

(shrug)

It's funny, FlyingDonut raved about this issue a few years ago...and still does. Now on the census there are 68 9.8s and almost 150 in 9.6. I guess it is not as hard to find in HG as people thought.

Nothing is tough to find in high grade from the copper years because they were so over produced. There are thousands of high grade copies kicking around out there, the big thing is that a lot of collectors don't think its worth their while to get them graded.

If we had the amount of collectors/speculators/investors/buyers around today that we had in 1993, it'd take several hundred 9.8s of every copper/modern key to satisfy demand.....just sayin'....

Those were the days.