• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DAREDEVIL #1 COLOR TOUCH? HELP!!!

23 posts in this topic

Would like some opinions. Have had this book for probably fifteen or so years. I am thinking of slabbing it, but heres the dilema. Years ago, I contacted one of the major comic restorers with few questions on this book. If you note in the Daredevil word logo, the letter V and the I have color loss in the red. It looks like it was from the printing process. It doesnt look scuffed. They recommended against color touch, saying it may decrease the books value when submitted. This isnt a bad looking book. Some color rub in the green at the top spine. A slight sunshadow on the right edge. It has some light tanning on the spine, front and back. Very flat book though, and clean back cover. Would this be a good candidate for color touch, and maybe getting the cover cleaned. Any thoughts, before I dump it in the trash. :jokealert:

DRX

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt166/drx710y/CCF02242009_00001.jpg[/img]]photobucket

Color touch would be silly for this book - it's one where the technical grade is hurt by the color loss in the logo, but it still presents very nicely. And, hey, if you supply a non-cropped front cover scan (and a back cover scan to boot), you might even get a couple of grading guesses here :)

I say sale it :baiting:

It's very nice as is no need to restore it. Getting it graded and slabbed as is would be my move if your going to sale it but if you are just going to keep it I think I would just leave it raw and enjoy it.

Thanks for all the opinions, and the P.M. from Dice. I am leaving it AS IS ! You can all breath a sigh of relief. Its off to CGC in the next batch. Thanks everyone. (worship)

DRX

Good call. That's such a nice book you'd be kicking yourself in 10 years if you had color touch done on it. (thumbs u

Yeah, I would not colour touch that book. Restoration is best kept to those books who have a rapidly deteriorating life-span (rusty staples, tears in awkward spots that are likely to worsen). Sweet copy by the way!

Yeah, I would not colour touch that book. Restoration is best kept to those books who have a rapidly deteriorating life-span (rusty staples, tears in awkward spots that are likely to worsen). Sweet copy by the way!

I think robocop would argue those points. :roflmao:

DRX

As for what the discoloration is, it looks to me like someone erased an arrival date.

But that's just a guess. :shy:

Your post got me thinking. I just put the book under magnification with a light. The discolored areas on the letters look like a bad color strike. Theres no sign of any rubbing or wear that I can detect. All of the areas around the color loss look clean and glossy. Thanks for the input.

DRX

It's like that for some reason. Post a scan of just that area zoomed in nice and large. If it's production, I should be able to tell.

It just looks strangely like writing to me.