• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Modern Adult Comics

8 posts in this topic

I have a stupid question. I am going to look at a box of comics and the seller just gave me a vague description stating that most of the comics were adult content. I questioned her about the meaning of "adult" and she said they were graphic not for kids. I tried to get out of her what exact years and she thinks they from this decade.

I mainly read DC and Vertigo but are their any other good independent horror or adult type comics that I should look out for that are good reads? I would hate to pass up something that is worth checking out. Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Ask her to give you some titles or publishers because there has been a few excellent 'horror' comics published by companies other than the big two in the last 10 years.

Or they could all be Playboy comix!

Ask her to give you some titles or publishers because there has been a few excellent 'horror' comics published by companies other than the big two in the last 10 years.

Or they could all be Playboy comix!

Nothing that risque I asked. She is a bit scatter brained and too busy to check through the book. She is literally 5 minutes away from me it's no big deal to go over and check them out. If any come to mind that are worth reading, please post them. Thanks.

I doubt there are anything worth money or popular comics as she told me that she has been selling off the collection or more accurate work product. She use to work for Archie so I think she would know if anything was good. So I am guessing that they are more indies which I am not too aware of what is out there.

Thanks for those that posted. For anyone interested, here's what I saved from the box. First off, why do people store comics flat? When she said they are mint never read, I explained to her that because of the storage, you created a spine roll which over time weakens the spine and they are no longer considered mint.

Anyway, there is nothing better than going through a box and finding that one gem. I have been looking for this one for about a year now. Well, not really searching too hard but always wanted it. Out of all the comics I took, this has the worst wear. Spine roll and some color lost on towards Bab's foot and little gloss missing on the lower spine. It was at the bottom of the pile but it's still beautiful!

bop8.jpg

I got a couple other BoP, Hitman, Young Justice that all have spine roll problems. If anyone knows of a safe way to flat the books please let me know. I may post that question over on another board.

Then some Alan Moore #1's that don't seem to be affected with spine roll and some vertigo issues. All in all not bad but I wish that there were more BoP.