• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No Christopher Nolan for Batman 3

30 posts in this topic

I wonder if Hollywood tied Raimi's hands and made him look bad. Considering how good Raimi's movies were previously how could he flop so bad?

I'm not going to explain this again:

SAM RAIMI, WHILE A GOOD DIRECTOR, CANNOT WRITE TO SAVE HIS LIFE!! :makepoint:

Spider-man 4 will have a quality writer on it, Sony and Marvel made this part of the deal, and there is no chance in HeII that Raimi will ever get his hands on a SM -script again.

That doesn't necessarily mean he's out it's just not his next movie so it may be a few years for another Batman which sucks but as long as they don't switch directors I have no problem waiting.

This.

This is just a backup plan IN CASE he decides not to continue with Batman 3, but I'm fairly certain he's said he would do it in a few interviews.

Nolan did make "The Prestige" in between BB and TDK. I could see a writer/director getting burned out pretty quickly if he were to keep doing these big blockbusters nonstop. Raimi did all three Spidey pics back-to-back-to-back and the third was much sloppier than the first two. Also, Nolan's "smaller" pictures have all been pretty great so anything he works on is worth a look. Hopefully Nolan can refill the creative juices and make the next Batman as good as the first two.

-Bob

I really wish someone like Nolan would do the next Spider-man movie. The movies look great, but the stories, dialogue, and general decision making leave alot to be desired.

I wonder if Hollywood tied Raimi's hands and made him look bad. Considering how good Raimi's movies were previously how could he flop so bad?

SAM RAIMI, WHILE A GOOD DIRECTOR, CANNOT WRITE TO SAVE HIS LIFE!! :makepoint:

Spider-man 4 will have a quality writer on it, Sony and Marvel made this part of the deal, and there is no chance in HeII that Raimi will ever get his hands on a SM -script again.

Holy Cow! JC and I agree on something...

Nolan did make "The Prestige" in between BB and TDK. I could see a writer/director getting burned out pretty quickly if he were to keep doing these big blockbusters nonstop. Raimi did all three Spidey pics back-to-back-to-back and the third was much sloppier than the first two. Also, Nolan's "smaller" pictures have all been pretty great so anything he works on is worth a look. Hopefully Nolan can refill the creative juices and make the next Batman as good as the first two.

-Bob

I really wish someone like Nolan would do the next Spider-man movie. The movies look great, but the stories, dialogue, and general decision making leave alot to be desired.

Dale,

thats what a Marvel comic is.

Does someone need a group hug today? It's okay. We're here for ya.

sHa_grouphug3.gif

Getting back to Chris Nolan, I agree with you Vince he has an amazing list of directing accomplishments. That's why I'm concerned if they even consider doing the third movie without him. It would be a huge mistake.

Sorry, but these "why was Spider-man 3 so horrible after the success of the first two?" ramblings are incredibly irritating.

Spider-man 1 and 2 were written by big-name, award-winning screenwriters, while Spider-man 3 was written by Sam Raimi and his lowbrow brother. The first two were good, while the third one sucked.

How can this basic difference be so difficult to grasp? :frustrated:

How can this basic difference by so difficult to grasp? :frustrated:

You know, I'm glad to hear a few folks (include Raimi) were NOT impressed with that third movie. The first two I bought on DVD. The third I only have because someone bought it as a stocking stuffer and I had to force a smile and say "Oh, you shouldn't have." Little did they pick up on the message - THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE!

lol

Sorry, but these "why was Spider-man 3 so horrible after the success of the first two?" ramblings are incredibly irritating.

Spider-man 1 and 2 were written by big-name, award-winning screenwriters, while Spider-man 3 was written by Sam Raimi and his lowbrow brother. The first two were good, while the third one sucked.

How can this basic difference be so difficult to grasp? :frustrated:

It's not difficult to grasp...some of us don't spend our days and nights reading people magazine to figure this stuff out.

Thanks for clearing it up. Once. Now shut the fuke up.

:makepoint:

What are you talking about? Guys like Nolan only make funny book movies like Batman so they can get a blank check for more personal, cerebral movies like Memento and The Prestige.

I'm quite glad that Nolan is following his heart instead of his pocketbook and should be applauded.

Exactly. They need him to do the next Batman, and he gets to film his own personal projects in between on their dime. (thumbs u