• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Gibbons signing at Borders!

18 posts in this topic

Well, Im kind of new here, and I don't know protocol for posting one of these, but I didn't see this posted, so I thought I would post it.

Apparently Dave Gibbons is doing a signing on March 1st at a Borders in LA. He is signing copies of his book WATCHING THE WATCHMEN.

Details here:

http://www.borders.com/online/store/EventView?city=&state=&zipCode=&within=&all_stores=&selectedStoreId=10701&eventId=295431&

Any witnesses? I'd pay for gas.. (thumbs u

I was thinking the same thing. I would love to meet him, but unfortunitely, I live on the east coast :( .

same here :(

Maybe we could split the gas and expenses Avalon.

And yeah, I think it's a good idea to find out what the limit is as well before we can do anything.

Yeah, this was posted a while back, at least in Comic Events. The problem is that it's the same Sunday as WonderCon and MegaCon so a lot of us are busy at those shows. I hope Borders allows more than just the book to be signed.

I hope you get to go, fingerprint.ink! :) If so, have fun.

Joel

Dave Gibbons-Borders

According to this, Gibbons will be signing "Watchmen and Watching the Watchmen." Of course, that may mean he will sign copies of the trade paperback that Borders has for sale. My guess is that you will have to buy one or the other to get an autogrpah, but maybe Borders will let you get additional signatures with each item you purchase, or at least let you get something else signed in lieu of a purchased item. I hope it's not the case you have to purchase Watching the Watchmen to get one autograph, as the Borders website has it listed at the cover price of $39.95. On the other hand, the trade paperback is $13.99. I for one would be willing to pay the $13.99 even if it meant Gibbons would only sign one item for each copy purchased.

I just called the store. Dave Gibbons will only sign 3 things, 2 of which have to be purchased at the store. Another thing to consider is that I don't think there is enough time fir you to send me the things to get this done unless you only want Watching the Watchmen book.- J

Dave Gibbons will be a guest at the Cartoon Art Museum party on Friday night during WonderCon. He is expected to be a guest on the Watchmen panel on Saturday during WonderCon. DC Comics has a booth at WonderCon, so my hope is that they will host at least one signing on Friday or Saturday. There are, however, no official signings for Dave Gibbons throughout the show. I am most hopeful he will do some signings at the party on Friday night, but we will have to wait and see.

Joel