• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Need advice about ebay transaction....

24 posts in this topic

Okay, so this morning (after I sent a response to this buyer yesterday), I get this:

"I have just paid for the item and have recieved a closed item alert. Please contact me soon about this. I would like either the item or my money back."

This is how I responded to it:

"I have tried several times to contact you, including yesterday by your listed email. I have already refunded your money and sent you an explanation of what happen. I specifically list in my items that if buyer does not contact me within three days after the end of auction, the item would be relisted and negative feedback would be left. However, I did not leave feedback for you. I assumed that you were a nonpaying buyer since I haven't heard from you in 21 days.

Check your email, and check your account. You'll see that I have tried on multiple occassions to talk with you. Also, you should have a refund of your money.

Thanks,

Bruce"

I am now wondering if this guy even checks his email? Worst buyer ever???

Okay, so this morning (after I sent a response to this buyer yesterday), I get this:

"I have just paid for the item and have recieved a closed item alert. Please contact me soon about this. I would like either the item or my money back."

This is how I responded to it:

"I have tried several times to contact you, including yesterday by your listed email. I have already refunded your money and sent you an explanation of what happen. I specifically list in my items that if buyer does not contact me within three days after the end of auction, the item would be relisted and negative feedback would be left. However, I did not leave feedback for you. I assumed that you were a nonpaying buyer since I haven't heard from you in 21 days.

Check your email, and check your account. You'll see that I have tried on multiple occassions to talk with you. Also, you should have a refund of your money.

Thanks,

Bruce"

I am now wondering if this guy even checks his email? Worst buyer ever???

Could be that his email account filters everything from eBay & you as "junk". I've seen people who don't change the settings in their account to be more "new sender" friendly as some places strive to shove spam out of the limelight.

Thankfully, he left you positive feedback, so at this point, wash your hands of him and move on. If his incoming e-mails ended up in spam heaven, he could easily have contacted you himself via eBay...he clearly had no real interest in doing so.

And be SURE to put him/her on your blocked bidders list.