• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Need advice about ebay transaction....

24 posts in this topic

All advice is welcome.

On February 1st, I listed a pair of Air Jordan shoes for sale (3-day auction). The shoes sold and I sent out the invoice and contacted the buyer directly. No response. I waited the seven days with no response and filed a claim on February 11th. Still with no response. After one more week of waiting, I finally relisted the shoes and assumed that the deal was done.

In my haste, I forgot to close the claim, leaving the buyer a chance to purchase the shoes still.

Today, I get home from work and have payment from the guy...with a note saying he hoped I recieved payment with positive feedback left.... :o

unfortunately, I have already resold the shoes, and have them set to ship tomorrow.

Any advice on how to handle this situation? :frustrated:

Thanks in advance,

Bruce

Here's what I just sent in an email,,,,

I did receive payment, and thank you. Unfortunately, I assumed that you were not going to buy the shoes considering that it has been 21 days since the auction took place. I set up a claim with Ebay and everything, because of your low feedback. I assumed you were a nonbuyer.

I relisted the item on February 18th, and resold them and have already shipped. I apologize for the inconvience, but I tried to contact you on several occssions. I will refund your money immediately. I realize you must be upset, but I clearly state in my listing that if contact isn't made by the buyer in three days that I will relist item.

Again, I apologize.

Bruce

Refund half the money to each buyer and them send them each one shoe.

Now you have to change your screen name to Solomon. lol

C

I did receive payment, and thank you. Unfortunately, I assumed that you were not going to buy the shoes considering that it has been 21 days since the auction took place. I set up a claim with Ebay and everything, because of your low feedback. I assumed you were a nonbuyer.

I relisted the item on February 18th, and resold them and have already shipped. I apologize for the inconvience, but I tried to contact you on several occssions. I will refund your money immediately. I realize you must be upset, but I clearly state in my listing that if contact isn't made by the buyer in three days that I will relist item.

Again, I apologize.

Bruce

You're way too nice. You didn't use the word "loser" once. :(

Again, I apologize. LOSER

Bruce

You're way too nice. You didn't use the word "loser" once. :(

There...changed it for ya! lol

You've got to get that non-paying bidder claim settled and your FVF refunded before relisting next time.

This buyer can now hit you with a non-performing seller claim. Not that it's a big deal - but it can be if you get enough of them. The fact he left positive feedback puts the main threat off the table.

You've got to get that non-paying bidder claim settled and your FVF refunded before relisting next time.

This buyer can now hit you with a non-performing seller claim. Not that it's a big deal - but it can be if you get enough of them. The fact he left positive feedback puts the main threat off the table.

just closed it on my end! Thanks for the heads-up!

Says FVF granted!

Says FVF granted!

Now you are sitting pretty. Out of curiousity - did it remove the feedback he left you?

Says FVF granted!

Now you are sitting pretty. Out of curiousity - did it remove the feedback he left you?

Not yet, but it could change in a few hours! ;)

I hope it doesn't. I'm proud of my 100% feedback. I work hard for that... :headbang:

You can remove feedback? I thought once you left it, you couldn't change it?

I've seen in the past where parties have agreed mutually to remove negative feedback. Not sure to be honest.