• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much to buy one at a time...

7 posts in this topic

Definitely. Let's do a little reading between the lines, shall we?

"ALL, except for two issues, are CGC CERTIFIED and guaranteed Non-Restored. "

The only black-and-white representation this statement makes is that the graded books are unrestored. i.e. it can be interpreted as: "all issues, except two, are guaranteed non-restored" or as "all issues are unrestored, two are not graded". I'm betting heavily on the former.

"However, I guarantee #1 was not trimmed or color touched."

Notice there is no representation as to other forms of restoration. Notice also that there are no representations whatsoever made with respect to whether or not #14 is restored.

Soooo....... expect a #1 with a tear seal/ pieces added and a #14 with color touch and trim insane.gif

From the auction: The cost to CGC grade and holder 101 books was over $5000.00

Isn't that about $50 per book...yikes... guess he doesn't know about the 20% discount or the economy grading tier... foreheadslap.gif

I have been watching for any feedback comments from either side in this auction and as of today, still no posts yet. Maybe some "bugs" are being worked out. Successfully I hope! hi.gif