• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SOCAL Forum Dinner #3 March 21st!

67 posts in this topic

Salt Creek Grill in El Segundo. link

they have pretty decent food and some great big tables to host as many as we have.

That looks pretty damn expenzive. But it sounds like a good suggestion.

I take it you and Mrs. Grinder are in.

its not that expensive....they've got everything.

and yes we're in (thumbs u

dont think we will be making it.... :sorry:

We probably can't make it but I would recommend meeting at one of the big diners / delis on Ventura. Lots of tables, lots of light, big menu selection.

Jerry's in Studio City is one I have been to before, not as good as Canter's but it will do in a pinch. There is also Art's but I have not been there.

Alternatively, you might consider meeting in Westwood, which also has a lot of places to eat but parking / traffic is troublesome.

Have fun, too much going on with the kids this weekend to get away.

CAP Freak

Poker Kid

innocuous

SNiPER

Joel Elad

BustedFlush (Maybe)

Dark Knight

Stevenrams

DETAILS: A nice lunch on Ventura Blvd. (TBD) and a group visit to the ZAP!POW!BAM! Exhibit at the Skirball Cultural Center and possibly a visit to a nice neaby comic store (w/ older comics)

WHEN: Saturday March 21nd 1:00 PM PST at the Skirball. (To meet for Lunch)

WHERE: TDB

I live in Ventura County so include me in. I'll bring a few books with me. Having lived in the SFV for fifty of my fifty-five years, Here are a few suggestions: West SFV: Tarzana on Ventura Blvd there's Carrow's (better than most chains) VIP's also in Tarzana and John Wooden's favorite hangout, Jerry's in Encino or STudio City, but it's very pricey and not one of the better Deli's. CPK on Ventura Blvd in Tarzana or Studio City. They have decent salads, too. Someone mentioned Art's Deli. It's good but not cheap. For cheap, good food I prefer VIPs. They have decent breakfasts and a nice lunch menu. In East Valley, Dupar's in Studio City is good though it's a tad pricey. Those are my recommendations!

I would've had a lot more comics in my collection if I hadn't spent all my money eating at these places!

lol Good suggestions. I live about 15 minutes away from Ventura Blvd and I don't think you can't go wrong with any of the restaurants there. There's a very good Mexican restaurant called Del Sol or something like that there

Bamboo's Cuisine is the name of the restaurant and it's located at 14010 Ventura Blvd in Sher4man Oaks.. It opens at 11.30 on Saturdays. I'll call ahead once I know how many there are in our party. Someone LMK. If memory serve me correct people will have to park on Ventura Blvd. But I will check to see if there is any other parking available.

It's great that you guys are getting together on such a regular basis. Now that I've finally got my Berkeley minicon thing going it should be easier for the NorCal guys to get together too.

Hope you guys have a great time. Great to meet some of you over the past few months.

Marc

They have valet parking for $4.00 if you can't find a place on Ventura Blvd. It's up to you guys. If you carpool, of course, you can split the cost or get there early. Anyway, it is good food. I used to eat there on a semi-regular basis and I used to park on the Blvd. You know what they say: We Jews know Chinese food!