• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BBC Presenter To Auction AF #15 For Charity

26 posts in this topic

BBC presenter Jonathon Ross is going to be auctioning his copy of Amazing Fantasy #15 for the Comic Relief charity soon.

Fair play to him, it's not like he can't afford to go out and buy another one.

This link gives details on where it's going to be auctioned.

Good old Ross. He's our geek representative in celeb land.

Personally I think he's a bellend. And what's worse is his Batman collection probably pisses all over mine :mad:

Personally I think he's a bellend. And what's worse is his Batman collection probably pisses all over mine :mad:

lol

I always liked him ever since he did that documentary on Jackie Chan, back when I thought I was the only one who liked those movies. Everybody loves Chan now, sure, just like everyone 'loves' anime, but back then we felt like we were in on a secret.

Ross is frequently awkward weird in public, but then so am I. I put it down to him being a geek in limelight, which often makes for a freakshow.

BBC presenter Jonathon Ross is going to be auctioning his copy of Amazing Fantasy #15 for the Comic Relief charity soon.

Fair play to him, it's not like he can't afford to go out and buy another one.

This link gives details on where it's going to be auctioned.

Amazing Fantasy #15 for charity = (shrug)

Riding shotgun with The Stig for charity = :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

"Some say he once lost an Action #1 in a thumb-wrestling match. And that he inspired Larry Hama to write the G.I. Joe silent issue. All we know is, he's called THE STIG..."

I always liked him ever since he did that documentary on Jackie Chan, back when I thought I was the only one who liked those movies.

I used to sit and watch Wheels On Meals etc thinking I was the only Jackie Chan fan out there. Here's one of his better fight scenes starring Benny 'The Jet' Urquidez. Classic.

"Some say he once lost an Action #1 in a thumb-wrestling match. And that he inspired Larry Hama to write the G.I. Joe silent issue. All we know is, he's called THE STIG..."

lil_stig.jpg

Whose Batman collection isn't better than yours :baiting:

Be interesting to see what the book looks like.

Whose Batman collection isn't better than yours :baiting:

Be interesting to see what the book looks like.

Any of this lot :acclaim:

I always liked him ever since he did that documentary on Jackie Chan, back when I thought I was the only one who liked those movies.

I used to sit and watch Wheels On Meals etc thinking I was the only Jackie Chan fan out there. Here's one of his better fight scenes starring Benny 'The Jet' Urquidez. Classic.

:headbang: That's what I'm talking about! I had a bunch of those films recorded off late night TV and watched them over and over. That was shortly before the whole Asian video explosion. This is taking me back...

I used to have all of his movies on VHS, but I don't have a recorder any more so tried to sell them and ended up giving them to a charity shop!

Meals On Wheels was my favourite by a mile, but there were other classics like Armour Of God, Operation Condor, Dragons Forever and Project A. All top class stuff and I've gotta find them again on DVD, it's been years since I watched 'em!

Oh, and The Magnificent Butcher, Samo Hung could really scrap for a fat bloke!

the guy is a talentless idjit who needs to get back on the UKs good side.

(cos he's recently been a prized pillock).

Definetely a bad advert for comics

That's what you get for hanging around with Russell Brand. :frustrated::mad:

How rubbish is that Telegraph report? Here's some of its amazing content:

"The BBC presenter Jonathan Ross will donate one of the world's rarest comics - a £40,000 Spider-Man cartoon strip - to Comic Relief".

An expert said it was "one of the most important comics in history".

He'll be donating it because he has a better copy lined up or already purchased. He's such a fanboy that he wouldn't let it go without another to replace it.

Regarding the man himself - his radio show is much better than his TV show.

:/ I don't know what to think of this. Is this being trully done with the intent on it bringing money for a certain charity that he really believes in and is trying to promote awareness? or this is for self publicity? If it's the first, it is something that is extremely noble and should be praised for but,if it's the second, it's, how kids say nowadays, it's scandal'ous, an outright unClassy thing to do. Using the less fortunate for personal gain is freaking pathetic in every aspect, and when you use your "benevelent" image to promote yourself, is downright sneaky.

If you have money to help others, and want to, I don't see the need to put it to the four winds, if you give, GIVE but, don't let everyone know what a great person you are; it takes away from the deed.

meh

"The BBC presenter Jonathan Ross will donate one of the world's rarest comics - a £40,000 Spider-Man cartoon strip - to Comic Relief".

He'll be donating it because he has a better copy lined up or already purchased. He's such a fanboy that he wouldn't let it go without another to replace it.

Are you sure the copy is in VG? What's the present currency conversion? £40,000 = $57,300. A VG copy of Amazing Fantasy #15 for at least $57K? I don't think so...

Are you sure the copy is in VG? What's the present currency conversion? £40,000 = $57,300. A VG copy of Amazing Fantasy #15 for at least $57K? I don't think so...

Well, here it is at the auction site.

"Graded at Very Good to Very Good Plus, opportunities like this rarely come along, so don’t miss out. This comic can only appreciate in value!"

Right.

Auction Link

:/ I don't know what to think of this. Is this being trully done with the intent on it bringing money for a certain charity that he really believes in and is trying to promote awareness? or this is for self publicity? If it's the first, it is something that is extremely noble and should be praised for but,if it's the second, it's, how kids say nowadays, it's scandal'ous, an outright unClassy thing to do. Using the less fortunate for personal gain is freaking pathetic in every aspect, and when you use your "benevelent" image to promote yourself, is downright sneaky.

If you have money to help others, and want to, I don't see the need to put it to the four winds, if you give, GIVE but, don't let everyone know what a great person you are; it takes away from the deed.

meh

This is self publicity pure & simple. From Jonafan Woss it can't be anything else.

If you need proof watch his TV show, I think it's called "Let's talk about ME, Jonafan Woss"