• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gaaaahh! Missed it by a couple of seconds!

6 posts in this topic

I was intent on bidding on this:

Silver Surfer #1 CGC 9.6

I was going $2600 (which I thought was still a cheap snipe).

I wait down to the last 15 seconds or so, type in my bid, AND I FORGOT TO LOGIN AHEAD OF TIME. I fumbled hitting RoboForm to fill in my account and password and I think I was late by just 1 or 2 seconds!! GAAAAH! 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

Well lucky for you it looks like you will have your chance at another one in about 3 hours. I was high bidder for a long time and bid my max as 9.6s in 1 and 2 are just not that hard to find anymore - I think 9.4s now go under $1000 so a 9.6 shouldn't be worth more than $2000. In the last hour on that #1, a 1 feedback bidder became the high bid - and the only other feedback was from March from a narud seller! I have been down that road before. Also I wonder about the other entity that bid a lot - Ladymaccaw. Check out the feedback on that thing! So Ideal won the #2 and ComicLink got the 1 and will jack up prices for us now - I bet the #2 will have a price of $1500 and the #1 probably $3500. And I bet the books will be gathering dust for a long time.

Wow, I'm amazed this book has fallen so far. In the Summer of 02 I got basically 3,000 dollars in trade for mine. I'm still not sure why this book was ever worth that much, guess it's because of character popularity? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Brian

I was kind of shocked to see 2 of these appear almost back to back. There have only been 4 9.6 issues get bids on eBay in the last year and a half. The lowest completed sale was for $3,000. A copy last month in the Heritage live auction (with off-white pages) brought $4,100. Those were the figures I was looking at when I decided to bid. I was a bit demoralized and gun-shy after messing up my bid on the first copy so I didn't really bid up the second copy. (It was late night and I'd had a couple of beers to console myself. Made me cautious. insane.gifgrin.gif)