• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics # 1 [6.0] Unrestored up up and away!

1,020 posts in this topic

300 already? thats Krazy. because it shows that the thrill bidder safety net is so high!

but either way, its exciting, isnt it? Action1 - - you know in your heart what this book and yours is worth, right? And even if it hammered for only 300K you'd STILL know your book is worth twice that regardless of the actual auction results.

but what if.... what if in 2 weeks time there's a honest to goodness VERY public sale of 5-600K? What would that do to your valuation of your copy? Enforce your current estimated value, or would you giddily double it??

300,200.00......already getting close to the all time record~

I saw the $300,200 on CC, but now when I reload it's back to $275,200. What gives? Retracted bid? Canceled bid? (shrug)

I saw the $300,200 on CC, but now when I reload it's back to $275,200. What gives? Retracted bid? Canceled bid? (shrug)

Now it just dropped to $260,199. And the bid count went from 42 to 41.

Ooh. This could get UGLY!

I would imagine there are a lot of people out there with an axe to grind against Metropolis. This would certainly be a way to hit them where it hurts. What kind of press release would get out if the top bidder is a shill? "Obama fails to pay for rare comic book!"

After the disaster with the server on their last auction shill bidding may be the downfall of this auction.

I can't imagine this is giving legitimate bidders any confidence.

300 already? thats Krazy. because it shows that the thrill bidder safety net is so high!

but either way, its exciting, isnt it? Action1 - - you know in your heart what this book and yours is worth, right? And even if it hammered for only 300K you'd STILL know your book is worth twice that regardless of the actual auction results.

but what if.... what if in 2 weeks time there's a honest to goodness VERY public sale of 5-600K? What would that do to your valuation of your copy? Enforce your current estimated value, or would you giddily double it??

In answer to above...

It would validate in my mind that it is worth in the 600k to 700k range[[the 6.5].Up to this point that has always been speculation and at best an educated quess..

I like to look at it more conservitivly so that if there is any upside from my conservitive estimate it is a pleasent surprise instead of an overestimated dissapointment.I can tell you this,if you seriuosly offered me a million I wouldnt flinch at saying no.I didnt buy this book as an investment.I bought it for the love.It just turned out that way. Investment wise.

Now it just dropped to $260,199. And the bid count went from 42 to 41.

I think they should address this.It shouldnt be left to our speculation.That wont help things right?

This email was sent to the current REAL high bidder on the Action #1:

We are monitoring the bidding on the Action 1 to insure that the bids are legitimate. You were outbid but I retracted that bid because I have concerns about the bidder. We require that the bidders enter a credit card #. Having said that, having a credit card does not insure that a given bid will be honored.

We will be monitoring ALL bids that we receive. Any bids that we have grave concerns about will be retracted quickly.

In answer to above...

It would validate in my mind that it is worth in the 600k to 700k range[[the 6.5].Up to this point that has always been speculation and at best an educated quess..

I like to look at it more conservitivly so that if there is any upside from my conservitive estimate it is a pleasent surprise instead of an overestimated dissapointment.I can tell you this,if you seriuosly offered me a million I wouldnt flinch at saying no.I didnt buy this book as an investment.I bought it for the love.It just turned out that way. Investment wise.

I agree with you. well said. (except for the not buying as an investment part.) And I think youd turn down the million offer today (in part) because you know you will be sorry in ten years you sold it so cheaply.

Ooh. This could get UGLY!

I would imagine there are a lot of people out there with an axe to grind against Metropolis.

After the disaster with the server on their last auction shill bidding may be the downfall of this auction.

I can't imagine this is giving legitimate bidders any confidence.

Now why would someone have an axe to grind with Metropolis Comics?

:whatev:

We are currently working on a system to keep potential bogus bidders out of the bidding on the Action #1.

Right now you have to be a registered bidder with a credit card on file. The stakes on this book are high and that may not be good enough.

This issue will be fully addressed within 48 hours.

In answer to above...

I agree with you. well said. (except for the not buying as an investment part.) And I think youd turn down the million offer today (in part) because you know you will be sorry in ten years you sold it so cheaply.

Well I would say yes now to 10 million if you insist on the investment part....lol !

In answer to above...

Well I would say yes now to 10 million if you insist on the investment part....lol !

Now that we know your price,..we know what type of ho u r. :baiting:

we know. but 10M today is worth the gamble that it wont be worth even more or that youd regret it.,, and as posted, it DOES point out that there IS a price, and we are just "negotiating!" was that Wilde, btw?

I dont sell in large part because I feel they are still worth holding onto. The current market madness does scare me though. People are paying prices as if they think prices will never go down, ever! Sounds like another bubble recently burst to everyones amazement. Not that the thinly traded comics market absent flimsy loans etc etc remotely resembles the real estate market. Just the happy safe warm feeling that you can pay whatever price it takes and only make money later part.