• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics # 1 [6.0] Unrestored up up and away!

1,020 posts in this topic

277,300.00 n holding March 8...7pm

Boy, I sure would like to bid on this book (and others). But Metro have yet to restore my account. (shrug)

Can you believe that they would actually refuse to sell to some folks?

Boy, I sure would like to bid on this book (and others). But Metro have yet to restore my account. (shrug)

I can understand on this book as there is lots of money riding on getting it sold for top dollar. The sale must go through and it's totally different than anything thats ever been auction off in comicland before. Were not talking about a $50k, $100k or even $200k book. It's going to sell in the neighborhood of $300k plus a whole Hell of a lot of money. More than some peoples homes, so I'm sure they are running a credit check if needed, looking at yearly salaries ect before ANYONE is allowed to bid. Completely fair IMHO.

Any chance that this book might get squeezed out in the middle?

In other words, a little too nice to be affordable for most of the high end collectors, but not quite nice enough to attract the real big investment dollars. hm

I guess time will tell and we'll all have to wait until next Friday night to find out.

Well, if there's a reason they black-listed me in the first place, or have refused to restore my account after an email to them and mentioning it on these boards, it sure would be appreciated if they could at least provide me with an explanation.

just call them... If you are seriously considering buying the book, or just bidding on it, call Fish and straighten it out. Ive heard of collectors boycotting certain dealers, but never the other way around. Unless they are a reneger or guy who never pays on time or in full, SO Im sure you still qualify to bid.

Ive heard of collectors boycotting certain dealers, but never the other way around.

Mile High blacklisted several board members a few years back, for, presumably, talking smack about Mile High on the boards.

just call them... If you are seriously considering buying the book, or just bidding on it, call Fish and straighten it out. Ive heard of collectors boycotting certain dealers, but never the other way around. Unless they are a reneger or guy who never pays on time or in full, SO Im sure you still qualify to bid.

I think you're wrong. It can and does go both ways. Not saying that is the case here but dealers will boycott certain buyers.

They're [Metro] reading this thread aren't they? I mean they are posting and responding to certain questions...If I was a dealer interested in customer service I would have bent over backwards to get Tim's problem straightened out at the first sing of a problem. He wouldn't have to ask me twice.

R.

Metro are obviously reading this thread, and I copied Steve on my email to CC`s customer service email address (the one that I was directed to for problems logging on). Don`t know why I should be required to incur IDD costs to get the privilege of spending my money with them. (shrug)

I don`t really care that much if I`ve been black-listed by them, if indeed I`ve been black-listed. I`m just curious why. I won a book on the last auction and paid promptly. I don`t really think I`ve said anything on these boards or in private that merits black-listing. I`m feeling very Kafka-esque all of a sudden.

I think you're wrong. It can and does go both ways. Not saying that is the case here but dealers will boycott certain buyers.

They're [Metro] reading this thread aren't they? I mean they are posting and responding to certain questions...If I was a dealer interested in customer service I would have bent over backwards to get Tim's problem straightened out at the first sing of a problem. He wouldn't have to ask me twice.

R.

Thanks Roy! (thumbs u

Metro are obviously reading this thread, and I copied Steve on my email to CC`s customer service email address (the one that I was directed to for problems logging on). Don`t know why I should be required to incur IDD costs to get the privilege of spending my money with them. (shrug)

I don`t really care that much if I`ve been black-listed by them, if indeed I`ve been black-listed. I`m just curious why. I won a book on the last auction and paid promptly. I don`t really think I`ve said anything on these boards or in private that merits black-listing. I`m feeling very Kafka-esque all of a sudden.

did he draw some of the clair voyant covers?

did he draw some of the clair voyant covers?

Justice Traps the Guilty. :gossip:

I could outline for you just how a collector (or other dealer) gets blacklisted, but then I'd be stating something truthful and that can get you a strike or suspended around here..

ok ok. yes Im sure dealers choose to never sell to certain collectors. Because they dont pay, they complain, or ask for discounts or give other dealers too much of their money, or sell their books to them (the horror!) ! But, we are talking about Tim here. A solid citizen and big spender when he wants to. Who -- to the best of my scant knowledge -- has never been any of those bannable things, to Metro or anyone else, rather, he is a confirmed "whale" as a buyer.

So given how 'ad hoc' ComicConnect often seems to be arranged, a simple phone call would IMO cut to the chase here and open the bidding.

Im not being Pollyanna, I cant think of any reason Metro would NOT want his bid, especially with it stalled at 277. All the thrill bidders have shot their wads now, so all they have left it seems are the handful of serious guys who will shoot their best offers at the closing bell. Wouldnt they want one more serious bid in the mix?

Think hard? Could there be a reason? If not than think, is there a ridiculous reason? You just never know what is in peoples heads.....Can we agree on this at least?

There is a reason?

I'm sure the reason is the same as the perpetual complaint about Metropolis. Poor customer service. Emails & inquiries regularly go unanswered, why would this be any different?

thats pretty much what I was getting at. If Im Metro, and I read here that someone WANTS to be allowed to bid, but doesnt follow up with a call? I dont sense any urgency behind the comment. Then again, Ra's al Ghul came down into town to speak to Bruce Wayne, before making him climb all the way up the mountain to get what he desired.

thats pretty much what I was getting at. If Im Metro, and I read here that someone WANTS to be allowed to bid, but doesnt follow up with a call? I dont sense any urgency behind the comment. Then again, Ra's al Ghul came down into town to speak to Bruce Wayne, before making him climb all the way up the mountain to get what he desired.

Aman, who is in the customer service business here, Tim or Metro?

I'll tell you a story. I was in Chicago last year and a man came by our booth that I'd never met before (we were sharing a booth for convenience last year at Bedrock's spot). He inquired about a Human Torch #6 I had. My understanding was that if the book was still there at the end of the show he would take it at our agreed on price which was about 20-25% less than I was expecting to get for it. At the end of the show he stopped by, didn't take that particular book and I was a little surprised as I thought we had a deal. I had mentioned that I thought he was going to take the book. His response?

He restated that he might take it (I must have missed the might) and proceeded to write me a check for the book because he did not want even the notion that he would not keep his word out in public. I insisted that he need not do that and he instisted that he buy the book.

Long story short, this was a classy move by a well known dealer who went out of his way to make sure that he went above and beyond what people expected of him.

When you provide a service the customer should usually be right (within reasonable limits of course).

That's how I expect to be treated and that is how I try to treat my customers at work.

R.