• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Name your favorite SILVER AGE COVERS !

109 posts in this topic

You're lucky that I posted without any commentary!

Yeah, what's up with that? You still wakin' up or something? Or just going soft on me? sumo.gif

Chris

I'm letting you go....this time! cool.gif

Favorite Covers include:

TOS 80: classic cap/skull cosmic cube cover, awesome book!

JIM 112: Thor v. Hulk, how can you beat it?

GL 40: GA v. S/A GL cover... another great book

Any of the covers containing the Flash v. Superman races.

And umm,lets throw in FF 46 because black bolt is so cool.
I think Black Bolt is cool also, and I like the cover to FF #46--I even have it printed on a t-shirt. However, I find FF #82 to be a much better cover and a much better depiction of Black Bolt. His face and body pose looks out-of-proportion and weird on the cover of FF #46...pictures of both covers are below for reference. #82 also has a much more prounounced sense of scale, action, and perspective. Kirby seemed to really improve his art style on the Fantastic Four somewhere around #70 or so.
Fantastic Four #46

ff4696.jpg

Click for larger image

Fantastic Four #82

ff82_small.jpg

Click for larger image

FF#82 is an awesome cover. Still kicking myself for passing on a copy a few months ago at Tyson's. Structurally, probably a VF. But the cover was snow white! Haven't seen a nicer copy since.

That's my biggest problem in tracking down a sweet copy of FF#60. Can't find a copy that isn't tanned. 893frustrated.gif

Chris

Daredevil #7....Amazing Spider-Man #6 and #11......Tales of Suspense #49 and 52 Journey Into Mystery #89 (can't belive no one mentioned this one yet)....Fantastic Four #8.....Avengers #9.......X-Men #12

smile.gif

Eric

The first OS Guide I ever bought (Superman 50th Anniversary) had a pic of this book in the color section. Showcase #34 was the coolest looking cover I had seen. It was always a book that I wanted, but couldn't afford it in my younger years. I think it was guiding at around $200 at that time. I dropped out of the hobby right when I could start affording "higher dollar" (over $100 grin.gif) back issues. Then SA books went nuts, and I still can't afford a nice copy of this book. confused-smiley-013.gif

Chris