• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Convention Appearance??????

15 posts in this topic

I believe Eastman and laird were at NYCC

Yeah they were. I was more or less focusing on Stan Lee considering he wasn't going to be at WWLA. Therefore I figured since it was the Turtles 25 year anniversary that they would be everywhere. Oh how wrong I am. I can't find a convention appearance set up anywhere. So I came to the experts, hoping that someone would say that they will be at SDCC or Wizard World Chicago.

I think its the other way around. I think Eastman sold of his half of the company. Never the less, this is the 25 year anniversary. This isn't day to day business. You would think that they could/would put their differences aside for an anniversary.

you are correct sir!

I think its the other way around. I think Eastman sold of his half of the company. Never the less, this is the 25 year anniversary. This isn't day to day business. You would think that they could/would put their differences aside for an anniversary.

In talking to both of them several times at the NYCC, I could potentially see them putting aside their differences for a panel, but I don't see them setting up/traveling together anytime in the near future. They don't seem to hate each other, but they just don't see eye-to-eye. However, both of them seem to have a great deal of appreciation for their fans and in general will sign anything turtle-related for fans.

And because this is the signature room, I'm taking this as another chance to show off what I picked up from them in NY.

Steve Lavigne (left) and Peter Laird (right) in artist alley at NYCC:

100_0507.jpg

Front cover sketched by Peter and painted by Steve.

100_0515.jpg

Kevin Eastman (left) and Me (right) at the Heavy Metal booth at NYCC:

100_0511.jpg

Back cover sketch by Kevin:

100_0516.jpg

I'll be sure to post scans when it comes back with a gold label.

-Adam

that is not dave sims that is sick. It is dave simons the marvel inker

:shy: His name is "Dave Sim", not Sims.

I bought a couple of CCG SS Sim from Kevin here on the boards a while ago - I think he might be the best bet in that area (he seems to know him personally).

You can *almost* count on Eastman doing the San Diego Con by appearing at the Heavy Metal booth. He may not be announced as a special guest, but if Heavy Metal has a booth, he will 99.9% chance be there.

I believe Laird is doing at least one show in April in Boston? Or am I confusing that with a show that has already happened? I would assume both creators will be in San Diego, you will just have to go to 2 booths to get them.

Joel