• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do people know this is a reprint?

30 posts in this topic

I can't blame the seller on this book. The pictures tell the story. Somebody wants the sig. and sketch big time....

Well, according to EBay, he's a scammer, since the title of the action is:

Hulk 181 cgc 9.0 WHITE PAGES, No Reserve

And that's NOT what he's selling, as it's a German reprint from 1999, so a Paypal or CC dispute would be a slam-dunk. Other people on EBay have gotten their money back from these German editions, as everyone knows what Hulk 181 is and that it's potential scam city. Again a Paypal slam-dunk and probably a Paypal hold as well.

CGC should also label the slab correctly next time, as it's not a true Hulk 181 and the label title should indicate that.

CGC should also label the slab correctly next time, as it's not a true Hulk 181 and the label title should indicate that.

CGC calls it a Reprint three times on the right side

and German Edition of the left side of the CGC label...

what else is there Vince???

(shrug)

I wish people would realize just how common this issue really is. Sure maybe not in the US but in Germany you can go to any comics show and buy one for 2-3 Euros. Also, the issue has a heavier grade cover so issues tend to be really nice...

If you want a copy, do a google search and contact a German comics dealer. You should have no problem getting the issue.

Jim

I can't blame the seller on this book. The pictures tell the story. Somebody wants the sig. and sketch big time....

Well, according to EBay, he's a scammer, since the title of the action is:

Hulk 181 cgc 9.0 WHITE PAGES, No Reserve

And that's NOT what he's selling, as it's a German reprint from 1999, so a Paypal or CC dispute would be a slam-dunk. Other people on EBay have gotten their money back from these German editions, as everyone knows what Hulk 181 is and that it's potential scam city. Again a Paypal slam-dunk and probably a Paypal hold as well.

The seller has huge pics that clearly indicate that the book is the German Edition & a reprint. The seller also listed the book in the modern category(book is from 1999).

Any buyer that bids on the book thinking it's an original deserves a smack in the head.

Just say reprint in the title, that's how you avoid this whole mess. He is hoping someone misses the reprint image. He never mentions it anywhere in print. He should.

But he also zooms into the words reprint and German version in his pictures three times.

I think it very obvious. The only person who will then be upset is someone who didnt take time to look at pics. How much info does one person need to put before it becomes counter productive

Just say reprint in the title, that's how you avoid this whole mess. He is hoping someone misses the reprint image. He never mentions it anywhere in print. He should.

I agree that it should say 'reprint' in the title, but how could anyone not know what they're bidding on? These are the 1st 3 pics you see.....

226413474_tp.jpg

226413534_tp.jpg

226413503_tp.jpg

Exactly. Simple enough to say reprint in the title. The seller is hoping buyers miss the pics or don't look at them very closely ... and at the same time, if there is a dispute later on, he can say he had pics showing that it was a reprint.

On another note, isn't 9.0 kinda low for this comic? I see copies of the German Showcase #4 offered all the time in very high grade.

Misleading....seller didn't mention it in the title or in the brief description.

^^

Its in the pictures big as day

The person has to be a real dumass not to notice its a reprint