• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do people know this is a reprint?

30 posts in this topic

Don't get me started on Ebay buyers!!

one of my typical item descriptions -

This is a 1st print

Comic has been read once

Comic is in Near Mint condition with white pages

Comic will be sent bagged & boarded

Postage by 1st class post is £1

each extra comic won adds 25p to the combined postage - so win 2 comics postage is £1.25

Then the questions start arriving!

Hi, what printing is this comic?

Hi, is this unread?

Hi, what would you grade this comic?

Hi, do you bag & board for posting? also, while I'm on, how much is postage?

Oh & so as not to bother you again, do you combine postage?

Buyer of this German Hulk deserves what they get!

well, it's misleading to people who have images turned off or blocked...

uhm, it's also possible the pics were added / changed after the first bids were received, although i haven't looked at the auction to see if there's any sort of editing going on

well, it's misleading to people who have images turned off or blocked...

uhm, it's also possible the pics were added / changed after the first bids were received, although i haven't looked at the auction to see if there's any sort of editing going on

When it comes to buying comics, people should never, NEVER turn off/block images. They might as well as be ordering through the mail from Richie Munchin.

Slightly misleading? Yes. He could've mentioned reprint, or german edition in the title.

A scam, though? No way! He says he's selling a Hulk #181 and that's exactly what he's selling. Check out the title on the slab. This book is Incredible Hulk #181. It's just a German Edition. I'm absolutely certain that on the indicia of the book it specifically says "Incredible Hulk #181".

So, no scam! :sumo:

But people sure are stupid (or incredibly optimistic (shrug) )

Slightly misleading? Yes. He could've mentioned reprint, or german edition in the title.

A scam, though? No way! He says he's selling a Hulk #181 and that's exactly what he's selling. Check out the title on the slab. This book is Incredible Hulk #181. It's just a German Edition. I'm absolutely certain that on the indicia of the book it specifically says "Incredible Hulk #181".

So, no scam! :sumo:

But people sure are stupid (or incredibly optimistic (shrug) )

I agree with the Greek!

anyone who buys this and doesn't know it's a reprint doesn't deserve to hold onto the money. the seller makes it more than clear what he is selling. and if you're buying comics or anything at all and not looking at what you're buying, you shouldn't be buying anything.