• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt68 returns as the returner

267 posts in this topic

Never tried to hide who I was.

So coming back with a new screen name was so you could make sure everyone knew who you were. Makes perfect sense.

I'm not trying to hang you, I'm trying to understand. If you want the people here to move on and forget everything, you need to stop painting yourself into a corner. My suggestion is you just drop it. You've already come clean, so just try to drop it and don't fuel the fire.

But do what you want. You can always get in the flame war with everyone and start over in 6 months as "returner 2".

Never tried to hide who I was.

So coming back with a new screen name was so you could make sure everyone knew who you were. Makes perfect sense.

I'm not trying to hang you, I'm trying to understand. If you want the people here to move on and forget everything, you need to stop painting yourself into a corner. My suggestion is you just drop it. You've already come clean, so just try to drop it and don't fuel the fire.

But do what you want. You can always get in the flame war with everyone and start over in 6 months as "returner 2".

C'mon and be fair. Don't quote me out of context like the newspapers and interviewers like to do...

"He didn't "find" you?

No, he didn't. I knew where I was the whole time.

Also, so did Roy and Ferdelance. Never tried to hide who I was. Funny thing is, he could have just come out and asked. I would have said of course I am Sherlock! I think he needs the praise from all his hard work. It's good for his self-esteem"

I got rid of that old name because of nerds like him who have time to do nothing else but harrass and torment people with all the free time on their hands. Newbies especially. I let the people I WANTED to know who I was. I said it before and I'll say it again; some of the guys here are ruthless to newbies. It's horrible. It makes me wonder what they are missing in life that they need to feel so powerful on here.

Anyway, we shall see what happens when Columbo reads this all today.

Guys just back off. He got quite a razzing as a newbie on the boards, he seems to be fitting in well...give him some space.

R.

Guys just back off. He got quite a razzing as a newbie on the boards, he seems to be fitting in well...give him some space.

R.

Roy, I'm just offering a suggestion to give him space. I'm not trying to him off or make him go away. I'm sure he's a great guy but got off on the wrong foot. I've seen it happen here many times before. Sometimes it works out, more often it doesn't.

If he wants to work out, he needs to be honest and not fuel the fire. Best idea is to ignore it and let it die. The more ammo he dumps on it, the worse it will get. You know this.

R.

Roy, I have no particular dog in this fight, but I'm reticent to offer any credit/respect to a guy who downright lies to the community.

He tries to bum GPA data, claims he doesn't know what 'GPA' is, claims he only needs it to 'see if he got a good deal on an FF #12'...and then uses the data to (over)price the FF when he puts it up for sale in the Marketplace.

I'm all for giving noobs a break, but conversely, I don't like people who appear to behave underhandedly. (thumbs u

R.

Roy, I'm just offering a suggestion to give him space. I'm not trying to him off or make him go away. I'm sure he's a great guy but got off on the wrong foot. I've seen it happen here many times before. Sometimes it works out, more often it doesn't.

If he wants to work out, he needs to be honest and not fuel the fire. Best idea is to ignore it and let it die. The more ammo he dumps on it, the worse it will get. You know this.

:applause:

Everyone is entitled to make a bollocks from time to time. However, coming out swinging when you've been called on it isn't going to help. doh!

R.

Roy, I have no particular dog in this fight, but I'm reticent to offer any credit/respect to a guy who downright lies to the community.

He tries to bum GPA data, claims he doesn't know what 'GPA' is, claims he only needs it to 'see if he got a good deal on an FF #12'...and then uses the data to (over)price the FF when he puts it up for sale in the Marketplace.

I'm all for giving noobs a break, but conversely, I don't like people who appear to behave underhandedly. (thumbs u

I was going to let it die, but....what the hell. FIRST, I never asked for a GPA. Read the post. I asked for CGC sales stats because I have seen guys here on the boards post them with their sales. I never claimed to not know what a GPA is. I simply asked about sales. Secondly, I was seeing if I got a good deal on it because I have also purchased a 7.5 copy of the same book and am selling the undercopy. Lastly, if you read the recent post for a FF#12 sale, the guy there (rube11) uses "GPA" info to say the a recent one (5.0) sold for $703 in December, and that the average is around $560. I am asking $525 shipped. Now how is that overpricing?

Well I didn't follow the drama...all I saw was a heavy razzing when he first listed an X-men #1, I spoke to him about it on the phone and then also almost bought another book (All Select #1). Whatever happened in between I am not sure about.

I do know that some people when ridden dis-proportionately hard may leave for a while and come back. In any case I'm ok with Returner.

Honesty is the best policy and with that I'll leave this thread.

(thumbs u

R.

I was going to let it die, but....what the hell. FIRST, I never asked for a GPA. Read the post. I asked for CGC sales stats because I have seen guys here on the boards post them with their sales. I never claimed to not know what a GPA is. I simply asked about sales. Secondly, I was seeing if I got a good deal on it because I have also purchased a 7.5 copy of the same book and am selling the undercopy. Lastly, if you read the recent post for a FF#12 sale, the guy there (rube11) uses "GPA" info to say the a recent one (5.0) sold for $703 in December, and that the average is around $560. I am asking $525 shipped. Now how is that overpricing?

Oh, and thanks Roy. Youre a stand up guy who obviously knows how to see through all the BS flying round these parts.

R.

I was going to let it die, but....what the hell. FIRST, I never asked for a GPA. Read the post. I asked for CGC sales stats because I have seen guys here on the boards post them with their sales. I never claimed to not know what a GPA is. I simply asked about sales. Secondly, I was seeing if I got a good deal on it because I have also purchased a 7.5 copy of the same book and am selling the undercopy. Lastly, if you read the recent post for a FF#12 sale, the guy there uses "GPA" info to say the a recent one (5.0) sold for $670 or something like that, and that the average is around $560. I am asking $525 shipped. Now how is that overpricing?

Oh jeez. I'm trying to warn you, dude. If you think you can spin yourself out of this against everyone on this board, you're not going to make it. Seriously...don't even try.

But from this point forward, if you will be honest, you'll make it out of the funk given enough time and positive dealings. Some people will never be ok with you, and you'll just have to accept that. Move on.

So i guess the fact this guy acted like he knew nothing of comics and had a BS story about his uncle giving him some books :blahblah::blahblah: to pay some bills even tho they were bought on ebay then tried to pawn them here as unrestored is cool. Roy i like you but just because you almost made a buck off some liar surely shouldnt give him credibility.

So i guess the fact this guy acted like he knew nothing of comics and had a BS story about his uncle giving him some books :blahblah::blahblah: to pay some bills even tho they were bought on ebay then tried to pawn them here as unrestored is cool. Roy i like you but just because you almost made a buck off some liar surely shouldnt give him credibility.

To what end are you guys going to continue ripping this guy up. Frankly, is there any way for him to move forward? I don't know him, haven't done business with him. But apparently a number of people have and apparently they are cool with him. Maybe if people would back off for a little bit maybe something constructive can happen here. I don't know about others but I have a hard time backing down when people continually are attacking. Give the guy a little breathing room for Pete's sake. Calmer heads prevail.

(worship)

Nail. On. Head.

One cordial phone conversation does not a saint make. Look at Danny Boy...a great one for talking himself out of a corner, and for those who met him in the Fantazia days, a cheery glad-hander without peer.

Actions speak a lot louder than words and right now, we have a complete disconnect between the two.

To what end are you guys going to continue ripping this guy up. Frankly, is there any way for him to move forward? I don't know him, haven't done business with him. But apparently a number of people have and apparently they are cool with him. Maybe if people would back off for a little bit maybe something constructive can happen here. I don't know about others but I have a hard time backing down when people continually are attacking. Give the guy a little breathing room for Pete's sake. Calmer heads prevail.

For those who want to read them, the signs are all there. Lies, distortions and untruths.

But we're supposed to 'give him a break'? (shrug)

For those who want to read them, the signs are all there. Lies, distortions and untruths.

But we're supposed to 'give him a break'? (shrug)

I'm just asking what do you/others want? What do you want the guy to do to make amends? It's obvious he doesn't agree with all of the accusations. So this goes nowhere. Is it your goal to run him off the boards and out of the hobby? Work the problem instead of just railing on each other. 2c

To be honest, I didn't read the other threads, so I have no idea what the beef is. The fact that he has a few people that I like on his side makes me want him to get a chance. I assume that those people know the background and have decided to give him a chance.

However, looking back on the history of the boards, I can't think of a single time when this has worked out. Sometimes it takes a few years for the bad side to surface full force, but it always does. This whole situation smells just like when the comicsupply guy showed his stripes in the beginning with Nik, and everyone ended up doing business with him despite the warnings.

So yes, Matt. These boards are tough on new guys. Even more so when the new guy is not honest from the beginning. That's what makes this such a good group of people. We don't have to accept you just because you want us to. When you start out in a lie, and use more lies to cover it up, you don't get embraced by the community.