• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA Cat-Man # 3 Classic WW2 Hitler Cover - SOLD!!!

8 posts in this topic

After picking up a few Golden Age books, I've decided to let one or two of these go to help me recoup some of my initial cost for the group.

I'm offering this 1941 WWII classic cover comic with Hitler, Stalin and Mussolini.

The obvious defects are the bug or rat chew on the lower left corner, and the spine is completely split. After posting in the grading forum, the consensus is this is a 1.0.

There's not much info that I could find on previous sales, but GPA does show a 6.0 selling for $863 in 2005, and Heritage shows the sell of a 2.0 for $299 in 2006. There are only 7 of these in the CGC Census.

:news:SOLD! :news:

Thanks for looking. :hi:

CM3.jpg

CM3b.jpg

What are the other books?

I have a couple others that I'm thinking about selling. One is Captain Marvel Adventures # 80. Captain Marvel's origin is retold. I believe it's going to grade between a 5.0 - 6.0.

If you're interested, shoot me a PM. I can get it posted this weekend.

What I find really interesting about that cover is that they lump Stalin in with Mussolini and Hitler.... of course, this book would have come out prior to July, 1941 - when Hitler broke his non-agression pact with Hitler, and invaded Russia.

Cool piece of history!

Shep