• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slightly OT? Youngun's @ Watchman, opinions?

10 posts in this topic

My boyfriend's little brother wants to see Watchmen with us this weekend. Mason, however, is eleven years old. Eric isn't concerned because Mason has seen Saw 5 and other R movies he shouldn't have. But it makes me really uncomfortable. I'd almost prefer not to see the movie at all if he's going to bring an 11-year old along for the gore-ride. I mean, it doesn't bother me so much if a 15-16 year old goes to an R movie. But 11? That's just too young in my opinion. ><;;

He got kind of iffy when I mentioned the fact that I knew there was sexual stuff. Mason said he'll just go to the bathroom. I really don't know how much warning one will get from the movie. I doubt text will show up on screen flashing "NUDITY SOON PLZ EXIT IF YOU ARE YOUNGS" or something. :makepoint:

Since then, I read http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0409459/parentalguide the parental guide section and sent it to Eric but I'm wondering y'alls opinions, especially cuz it seems some people on the forum have been to see the movie already.

Does Mason have a computer? If so, Mason has probably already "seen it all" at this point.

As a parent my kids would not be allowed to go at 11. However I don't know the child in question or the parents.

I am one to lean towards the parents in this situation if they are fine with it then no big deal. If they are not then I would leave him at home and enjoy the movie.

Make him read it first.

Quoted for great truth!

This is not a typical super hero movie (SPOILER OF THE CENTURY I KNOW) so I'm not sure an 11 year old would be able to understand it all. Go see it yourselves first, and then make the call from there.