• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"HATE TO SELL THEM" Golden Age/Pulp sales thread *THREAD CLOSED*

63 posts in this topic

Welcome to my GA sales thread!

Everything pictured below is up for grabs. Scans of each book with description will follow.

First :takeit: or PM gets the book(s).

Buyer pays actual shipping costs, based on buyers preference of USPS or fed ex. Will accept Paypal, personal check or money order. Book will ship within 2 to 3 days of receiving payment.

PM me with any questions. I am open to offers on any of these books.

Hope you enjoy looking, and thanks!

salesgroup.jpg

SCIENCE COMICS #2, March 1940

G/VG, no resto, paper is cream to off-white ... really supple.

Book is a beauty, the spine roll is the major thing wrong with it... could be pressed out to a much higher grade and still be a blue label. colors are great, cover attached to staples and C/F attached. Lou Fine cover... at his best.

asking: SOLD

c001-18.jpg

c001-19.jpg

AMAZING MAN COMICS #15 Aug. 1940

CGC (deslabbed) 2.5 , O/W to WHITE pages.

Spine splits from bottom of book to bottom staple, and top of book to top staple, but cover still attached to interior. Great colors and pages. Cool stories.

c001-3.jpg

c001-4.jpg

AMAN15cgclabel001.jpg

Book is a beauty, the spine roll is the major thing wrong with it... could be pressed out to a much higher grade and still be a blue label. colors are great, cover attached to staples and C/F attached. Lou Fine cover... at his best.

asking: $500

c001-18.jpg

c001-19.jpg

hm Would go great with my #1.

MYSTERYMEN COMICS #10, May 1940

app. GD+ (slight A resto: color touch at spine), paper is cream to off-white, very supple.

Tape at staples and at top/bottom of spine on cover. Chipping along right edge, and top/bottom corners. Nice appeal and colors for the grade. Signed by Joe Simon on splash page (not authenticated). C/F attached at top staple.

Tough book! with a classic cover.

c001-10.jpg

c001-13.jpg

MISS FURY #1 Winter 1942

VG/F, only resto is staple reinforcement, so neatly done I can’t really see it. pages are cream to off white, very supple.

Book is solid, amazing gloss and colors. cut outs intact. beautiful Tarpe Mills art from cover to cover. Hate to sell.

c001-12.jpg

c001-8.jpg

TARGET COMICS v.1/#5 June 1940

an apparent G+ (slight amateur resto: rice paper support at staples.), paper is cream to off-white.

covers: wear at right edge, and spine is a bit soiled. good colors

resto work has left tape stains... see photo. staples are dirty/rusty, and have left staining on cover and a bit on each page at staples. interior paper is quite nice and supple. C/F is attached by rice paper supports. GREAT Wolverton story, along with Everett, Mills and Burgos

asking: SOLD (which is well under the GOOD price in the guide)

c001-20.jpg

c001-17.jpg

TARGET5interior.jpg

TARGET5interiordetail.jpg

REX DEXTER #1 1940

an apparent G/VG (resto: support at lower staple), paper is cream to off-white.

covers: lightly soiled but complete , some clumsy work at the lower staple where it is reinforced to interior

C/F attached at staple.

nice solid copy for the grade... great stories of interplanetary adventure.

c001-9.jpg

c001-14.jpg

PLANET COMICS #5, May 1940

graded at VG/FINE , no resto, paper is a cream to o/w (leaning more towards the light side).

really nice book: the book is folded slightly off, so it looks a bit wonky. solid, great colors, great paper. C/F attached. bit of lined paper stuck to inside of backcover...see photo. tape stain on back cover that stained inside last page as well.

wonderful stories. hate to sell it .

c001-5.jpg

c001-6.jpg

PLANET5backinsidecover.jpg

PLANET5interior.jpg

ASTOUNDING STORIES May 1931

pulp is about a VG/FINE, with no tape. pages are creamy, still very supple, slight darkening towards edges. spine complete

a tough early sci-fi pulp with the all-time classic BEM cover.

asking: $150 (a steal)

c001-11.jpg

c001-7.jpg

WEIRD TALES Jan. 1933

pulp is about a VG (with slight amateur color touch that bleeds through to a few pages along right side of book). paper is creamy, general pulp wear. spine is complete and unfaded (which are tough to find).

Robert E. Howard story, and amazing Brundage nude girl cover. Hate to part with this one as well.

c001-15.jpg

c001-16.jpg

I think thats all for now... thanks!

c001-18.jpg

c001-19.jpg

hm Would go great with my #1.

I haven't seen your #1, but yes, it would!!

WEIRD TALES Jan. 1933

pulp is about a VG (with slight amateur color touch that bleeds through to a few pages along right side of book). paper is creamy, general pulp wear. spine is complete and unfaded (which are tough to find).

Robert E. Howard story, and amazing Brundage nude girl cover. Hate to part with this one as well.

asking: $150

c001-15.jpg

c001-16.jpg

:takeit:

Welcome to my GA sales thread!

Everything pictured below is up for grabs. Scans of each book with description will follow.

First :takeit: or PM gets the book(s).

Buyer pays actual shipping costs, based on buyers preference of USPS or fed ex. Will accept Paypal, personal check or money order. Book will ship within 2 to 3 days of receiving payment.

PM me with any questions. I am open to offers on any of these books.

Hope you enjoy looking, and thanks!

salesgroup.jpg

Wow, besides the Planet and miss fury comics, never saw the rest of these, ever! Bad timing for me that they are for sale now.

WEIRD TALES Jan. 1933

asking: $150

c001-15.jpg

:takeit:

^^

c001-18.jpg

c001-19.jpg

PM sent.